Stupid Dick Measuring Devices in Airports

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
nah man, you don't get it.

the reason we haven't been attacked since 9/11 has nothing to do with the enhanced security at the lines that lead into the airport terminal. that guy with the bomb in his pants wasn't caught in the security line. he was caught in his seat - on the plane - because he was obviously an amateur bombmaker. if not for his being an idiot, his attack would have gone on without a hitch.
it's basically the same case with the would-be Times Square bomber.
nobody caught him until after the fact. we just got lucky because he f*cked up.

sure, some people feel violated by the extra security measures.
but that's not the point. the point is that all the extra measures are simply unnecessary. they don't make us any more safe. they're expensive, time consuming, and a hassle.
careful, your ignorance is showing.

attacks will happen in spite of full body scanners and pat-downs.
it's true that the underpants guy would have been caught. but that's one case concerning one guy who was obviously poorly trained and apprehensive. you're not thinking about hardened, determined, and better trained terrorists. because REAL terrorists will find a way around anything we could possibly throw at them.

you can't fight terrorism at the airport.
once it gets there, it's too late.

So you'd rather just do away (with stane mother!) with these new security measures and just wait for someone to walk onto an airplane and blow it up, and have zero chance of getting caught through any of these new security devices?

Attacks will happen, that's obvious and you are correct for stating that fact, but if you don't try to stop them, it's just going to make it really super awsome easy for them to carry out the attack against the plane and/or people.

You said that we haven't had an attack since 9/11, and it's NOT because of the security measures that were in place. It's because he didn't get picked to get scanned. True. However, assuming that these new full body scanners were in place and he got caught, then your argument would be moot. On the other hand, he may not have been picked and still gotten on, which leads me to believe that one day, if not sooner than later, everyone will have to go through some sort of scan or pat down.

Of course, this is only one area of the security. There are still the people on the ground that could load something up that they brought in. Doing it in the luggage is a pretty bad idea because I think it all gets x-rayed now days and has been for years, and also gone through by hands (atleast mine has as I always find a nice little note in my luggage)

These new security measures DO make us more safe I think. You certainly don't see anyone walking onto a plane with a stick of C4 in their pocket. No, because there is a very high chance that you will get caught before you make it past the security check point these days. I can't even carry a small swiss army knife on the plane anymore because of the new security rules that are enforced. It's random, so yeah, it's pretty pointless at the moment. You can't turn a filter on once every hour and expect to do any anti-terrorism fighting.

And as I said before (not AT you Jacks, but whoever) you don't have to fly. You can train, car, boat, walk if you don't like the rules that flying has to offer)

edit/
(i thought the NY TS bomber was a setup by the FBI, but that was Dallas idiot who tried that and was arrested)

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
So you'd rather just do away (with stane mother!) with these new security measures and just wait for someone to walk onto an airplane and blow it up, and have zero chance of getting caught through any of these new security devices?
The TSA (and everyone else) have yet to show how these more invasive pat downs and more invasive back-scatter body scanners improve the security over the system that has been in place for the previous 8 years since 9/11. That is the problem. Why add MORE security if the security that is already there is working correctly? It's senseless. Why invade American's privacy even more when people are already being caught when they do stupid things?

The fact of the matter is that even the scanners and pat downs couldn't scan a body cavity. Do you think someone trying to get a weapon on the plane would put it anywhere other than a body cavity?
Attacks will happen, that's obvious and you are correct for stating that fact, but if you don't try to stop them, it's just going to make it really super awsome easy for them to carry out the attack against the plane and/or people.
As usual, what are you willing to give up to ensure so-called security? This is the same (in general) situation as we have in PC gaming right now. How much of a criminal are you willing to treat your paying customers like to stop a couple of criminals before all the criminals have access to what you're doing and your whole effort was in vain? It's not worth it.
These new security measures DO make us more safe I think. You certainly don't see anyone walking onto a plane with a stick of C4 in their pocket. No, because there is a very high chance that you will get caught before you make it past the security check point these days. I can't even carry a small swiss army knife on the plane anymore because of the new security rules that are enforced. It's random, so yeah, it's pretty pointless at the moment. You can't turn a filter on once every hour and expect to do any anti-terrorism fighting.
The thing is, the system that has been in place since 9/11 and prior to the invasive pat downs and back-scatter scanners was working just fine. There is no proof that these security measures are keeping us any more safe, yet they ARE costing us more money, more time, and more privacy to boot.

Nobody is recommending that all airplane security is eliminated. That would be stupid. What we ARE suggesting is that there is no reason to resort to strip searching of every human being that enters an airport, which is the short road we are heading down if people DON'T get upset. The airport is and probably always will be the one place where every American is treated like a criminal until proven innocent (and even then still treated like a criminal). It's ridiculous.

I know it's because the US is chicken **** and scared. I don't care one way or another really.

When it's my time, it's my time. Nothing is going to stop these security scanners. It's just one of those things that the US government will force upon us and what we have to say or do won't matter one bit. People can fight for only so long before they have to go back to work and return to their life.

Why fight something you can't win? I'm actually pretty sure that any protests in the past 10 years havn't yeilded anything. All those anti-war protests. Did nothing. Forgotten stories of years ago.

I just don't see the point in fighting something that might help protect you during a flight. Does it cost money? Well of course. But if it was you in line and the guy behind you got scanned and busted, I think you'd have a different outlook on it.

I'm not trying to get all crazy, I do understand your guys end of it, I just don't think that it's an invasion of privacy. You bought a ticket for a public transport. You know the rules that follow said purchase.

It's not like they are going around to your house and installing cameras and microphones...

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
and when Napolitano was asked if muslims might be exempt for violating their religion she said she'd get back to them later about that. alrighty, bend over old, white grandma... "allah akbar..allah akbar... its against my religion ...allah akbar ...allah akbar" ... go ahead sir... damnit granny I didn't tell you to let go of your ankles!

Skold

Sexy!
Aug 10, 2000
Just flew out to Salt Lake City today. The FAA had to fly in 3 additional screens to get a complete image of my penis. In related news, the hot blonde flight attendant that exclusively flies the ATL - SLC route had the best orgasm of her life en route.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Just flew out to Salt Lake City today. The FAA had to fly in 3 additional screens to get a complete image of my penis. In related news, the hot blonde flight attendant that exclusively flies the ATL - SLC route had the best orgasm of her life en route.

You have been awarded the slowpoke seal of approval.

slowpokesmall.png

Wear it with pride.

Also, I don't see what the big deal is with this. Boo hoo, if you don't like the rules don't fly. It's not like anyone cares about your dick anyways. :rolleyes:

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
I just don't see the point in fighting something that might help protect you during a flight. Does it cost money? Well of course. But if it was you in line and the guy behind you got scanned and busted, I think you'd have a different outlook on it.

Any kind of action on pretty much anything can protect people, big ****ing whoop. The question is not if it MIGHT be able to protect people, but should we accept anything for protection. We should always think of things like our privacy as equally important and NOT accept violations just for protection. If you want to give up your rights, your privacy, your liberty for protection, then please by all means leave me out of it. Sadly, it never really works out that way.

I'm not trying to get all crazy, I do understand your guys end of it, I just don't think that it's an invasion of privacy. You bought a ticket for a public transport. You know the rules that follow said purchase.

So, do you honestly think the service could do this on their own? Really? :lol: Here is a hint, it would be called a crime. Oh ****, I gave you the answer. :(

It's not like they are going around to your house and installing cameras and microphones...

What is stopping them from doing it again? The government and most of the supporters like yourself believe this is constitutional. Understanding that, it should be easy to understand that the answer is nothing. Have fun accepting anything for safety thinking this little thing you are scared of will never happen even if you open all the doors to it by your never ending stupidity. GG

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
lmao I guess Jackal likes security theater. Hey Jackal, you're dumb bro. Just bend over and take it up the ass from the government because they are the government! Never protest anything because nothing ever changes!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
It's easier to get through an airport in Israel than it is in Iowa. That should tell all you need to know.

:stupid:

If you think we are somehow at greater risk of terrorist infiltration and targeting than Israel, you are greatly mistaken. As much as I dislike Israel in general, I do admit admiration of their security procedures. I will, however, say that they have a much better human intelligence outfit than we do, and their concerns are more immediate in a geographical sense.

Also, RON PAUL

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008

Where the hell do you put that thing when you're on a plane? They won't let me fly, it overloads the weight limit of the aircraft... :(

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
You certainly don't see anyone walking onto a plane with a stick of C4 in their pocket. No, because there is a very high chance that you will get caught before you make it past the security check point these days. I can't even carry a small swiss army knife on the plane anymore because of the new security rules that are enforced.
If he/she is going to eat a stick of C4, then bravo!
What, what, in the butt.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/jun/03/cheeky-inmate-overpacked-for-jail-stay-astonished/