Unreal PSX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
OMG the implantgun works now....when I applied the files in Implantgun_v220_v12.zip

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The pack is not converted / only works in Unreal 1?

For now it will use own system directory, which requires unreal files, but if you have them at ut you can run them, the ini will have set paths to that new system anyway..

Don't forget this is all developer directory stuff, you can just swap the files etc often. It is usual for betas to have this way until it is some prepacked release beta for press etc...

The conversions will follow later, but why convert it for now? Besides you can still run most of the maps just with copying the textures over.

Check this video out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7AkiZIuAU

it is still processing though so you might want to wait for the quality to improve.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I'll be trying.
Aw **** PlayrshipPSX missing.

Just wait until the whole thing is released. This was just the "addon" source stuff that you can add in/merge/rename with different directory names and paths. It is not what was sent to me days ago. I am waiting for the map fixes also, if smirftsch can export the T3D of them so I can import them in the editor and rename them so they can be used with the 220 build.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
In total how many VortexRikers-related maps are here?

I answered that already, one map only (is from like may 99, very old version, has no ending though, well the "end" is the room with this corpse on chair, that's the last area you should visit, but of course you can do the map in more ways, there are many optional rooms) , if you don't count the Nathan Silvers one where you see VR from outside.

Also you can get the textures if you download these packs I put up for smirftsch, the ones with the broken maps which crash even in UED.
AH but I see, I didn't put up playrshppsx anyway. But you know what? You can rename normal playrshp to that package, it should work as a temp hack and it will have normal res texures instead of the low res ones.

The vortex rikers map is E1L2W

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywOF3J4E0Yc

Showing one map.

EDIT: These maps predate the Kagle's maps, although sadly they have no translator messages and Kagle's ones have. You get implantgun in one of Elya's maps, right before the Kagle's first one, although I thought you are supposed to get it after you complete the alien dimension Jrath level. Maybe it was there just for test at that version, i had to fix the map a bit so it is working.
Anyway there is E2L4 missing, I guess you are teleported somewhere and that level was not from Elya probably.
Right before that level you witness some events and Skaarj ruining the temple and also testing the tarydium crystals and some different crystals, which seem to have eye and seem to be live, they do some nasty experiments in there, however I don't get the story too much until Elya sends me some translated text, I guess he had it in russian back then.
After you have to do some tarydium room thing with the eye crystals living in tarydium tubes and I guess efefctively killing it, you are teleported somewhere and then back, which is what leel is avaioable, although everyhwere is radiation and you have to escape, it is similar to extremedgen map, but with the difference that you are in temple area. You will crawl through lots of skaarj instalations and stuff too. But in the end after that extremedgen like thingy, you process through another level and in the end you will find the entrance to the secret laboraty, the Kagle's map. In fact you will see the starting room of E2L6A.
I guess this cleared it up a bit for you, the events on how you get to Kagle's map.

When the whole thing will be uploaded don't forget to switch maps with switchcooplevel command to the ones that are not avaiable.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I have received some documents written for Elya in Russian language, it needs to be translated:
UPSX_P3.rar

Also, Eric Reuter told me that what I received is really a tiny bit of what he has done and that he did a LOT of work on the project later on and that it is too bad he doesn't have the levels anymore.

He also said that some of the boring levels would be eventually replaced in the project, because the quality of the levels was not constant and unified at all I guess and it could receive some harsh critic.

Here is a snippet of one of the design docs, ran through a google translator:
PLOT / SCENARIO GAME

You Jack Odei and your partner Fay Kraleks - hunters sent by the corporation to the wreck of the prison ship Vortex Raykers. Mission: To capture all the escaped prisoners, seize three AI (artificial intelligence), which are also on board, and escape from the planet via the gravitational lift on one of the satellites, where you will take the ship.

You and your partner get to the ship, but he has already captured Skaardzhi. You are in captivity, one of you must die - Fay decided to die instead of you.

You go on a mission, you find the AI, which remained only one. After talking with Hari, the representative of the corporation, you follow his advice-implantiruesh AI itself in the eye, because it is the only chance to survive without a partner. You and the AI (Iris) is a team - between levels is sufficient to close my eyes, to discuss with Iris happening.

Categories of levels:
There are four categories of difficulty levels.
ATMOS --
RIDDLE --
Action --
VOLTAGE --

Each of the 24 game levels are severely restricted by one of these 4 types. Careful and gradual change of these types from level to level can make the plot as a whole playable and interesting for the player.

In order to define and focus the design of each level, it should be constructed in accordance with one key point, which would classify it as one of 4 types. Usually 2 or 3 key points, but in this game is supposed to have them 24.

ATMOS pace - slow. Size - large. Emotions - awe.
Levels ATMOS like many Unreal / PC levels - geographically vast, scattered, usually external space, with a strong sense of location.

There are several common mechanisms that are predominantly used in the ATMOS levels:
1. "Omens": the place where you want to go (the elevator, out the door), you can see, but can not immediately get to them.
2. "Light hints": the moving wall is a little different from others, etc.
3. "Symmetric hints": all elements of the same, but one of them violates the symmetry.
4. "Conventional riddle": based on the overall planning, there must be a hidden room - and they really are!

RIDDLE temp - average. Size - small-medium. Emotions - solving problems.
These levels should contain simple catchy riddle. Almost always, they must be related to the physical features of surrounding things such as: What was created this place? What connects the various parts of the level? How are your special skills or perspectives allow you to bypass the obvious limitations?

The game will be a new class of puzzles - puzzles compound. For example, you find an implant-gun: you can shoot implant in people, and then you can control it - to switch on its review, to make him turn the switch, etc.

This allows you to have a mystery involving your location in two places: two switches, a remote switch, temporarily opening the door and so on. Or you can use the implant-gun as a trap - to force the guard to move away from the door. Or it could be a suicide mission - to bring into the room exploding bomb. Or you can make a person turn the switch, which you yourself can not get it, etc. Action Temp - fast. Size - medium. Emotions - aggression.
In Action levels provided a lot of opponents, moments must be based on traps and traps. If the passage of these levels, the player does not jump, adrenaline and even if he does not panic, it means that the cost to alter the levels from scratch.

So, before you start planning, is to answer the following questions:
1. How should ustaivat panic and where?
2. What weapons should be available to the player?
3. What are the tricks and elements can be included in the level to give it identity?

VOLTAGE pace - slow. Size - medium. Emotions - fear.
At these levels, the player should doubt or fear the consequences of their actions. He must carefully avoid the district, trying not to disturb the enemy.

It is rather a state which level should compel the player to perceive, to survive. The voltage levels - a more psychological warfare than anything else.

Typical tricks:
1. "Surprise" - the enemy comes out right in front of you.
2. "Devil in the pack" - the enemy appears under your nose, "nowhere".
3. "He is back" - the enemy silently materialized behind you.
4. "Poisoned bait" - in front of you there is something good, but it is only a trick.
5. "The falling floor - the floor under your feet falls.
Episode 0. Preface.
(1). Horrordek. Type - Action. Size - medium. Locality - interior.
Jack talks to his uncle Hari Odei, which allowed Jack to work for a corporation. Level was planned in order to determine suitability for the role of Jack Hunter to participate in this mission. No enemies.

Episode 1. On the surface of the planet.
(1). Nali village. Type - ATMOS. Size - large. Locality - outer space.
Jack and Faye land on the planet and sent to the village of Nali, which show them the way to the prison ship Vortex Raykers through the cave under the waterfall.

(2). Inside the Vortex. Type - Action / Trap. Size - medium. Terrain - the interior of the spacecraft.
Jack and Faye get to the prison ship, which is captured Skaardzhi, and find the AI. Fay first falls into the trap Skaardzhi, but Jack can not leave. As soon as he reaches out, with associated Hari, who persuades Jack to implant itself the only remaining AI.

(3). Deadly duel with Iris. Type - Action. Size - small. Locality - interior.
Jack has to fight with Iris, to prove that he is a worthy partner.

(4). Again Nali village. Type - voltage. Size - medium. Terrain - space Nali village.
Jack is chosen from the ship and returned to the village Nali. During his absence, the village was destroyed and burned Skaardzhi. Wandering through the village of Jack again and again falls into the trap Skaardzhi. Exit to the ship on which Jack has landed, was also destroyed, so the only way out of the village - through the rock.

(5). Power plants. Type - RIDDLE. Size - large. The terrain - rocks.
Jack travels through the power among the rocks, there is no easy way out. Here, Jack finds an implant-gun, with which he solves the puzzle and gets to the exit.

(6). Temple Nali. Type - ATMOS. Size - large. The area - the space of the temple.
Jack travels through the open space to the temple dedicated to the memory of the heroes of Unreal / PC. In order to reach the temple, he needs to solve several mysteries.

(7). Deadly duel with Nali. Type - Action. Size - small. Locality - the interior of the temple Nali.
Jack has to fight with a holographic image of the hero Unreal / PC, created Nali, in order to prove that he is worthy of worship Nali. Once he wins, Nali tell him about the evil god Skaardzhi - fight.

(8). Fortress Skaardzhi. Type - voltage. Size - large. Locality - space fortress Skaardzhi.
Fortress should look strong, but coarse and strong inside. Fortifications seem improvised, layered, randomly scattered.
Jack finds a way out of the fortress, hidden behind the image of a person with glowing eyes.

Episode 2. Underground world Skaardzhi.
(1). Technical Complex. Type - RIDDLE. Size - medium. Locality - Nali cave, technical interior.
Jack enters the cave Nali, which lead down, gradually turning into a mechanical jungle. Here Jack first meets the technology-human slave Skaardzhi. He has to use an implant-gun to force the vehicle deactivate the door.

(2). Cathedral of stalactites. Type - ATMOS. Size - large. Locality - the interior of the caves Skaardzhi.
Path down between the rough walls of the tunnel poorly lit. Jack reaches the cliff, near which we hear strange sounds, after a while there was an explosion (when Jack was standing too close, he dies). Opens out in the first underground area Skaardzhi: a huge natural cave with an impressive building in the center, reminiscent of the cathedral. Log - in the center under it, carefully guarded.

(3). Pilgrim. Type - NPRYAZHENIE. Size - medium. Terrain - the interior of the caves Skaardzhi / Corporation.
Inside this quaint cathedral Jack has to make its way through the swirling spiral of dimly lit rooms, connected by walkways. Rooms are filled with strange rock fragments and bizarre energy devices. All this was built the ancient race of beings on this planet, a journey to the top of this building was Pilgrim's Progress.
At the top of Jack falls into the circular room in the center of which are semi taridiumnye columns of prisoners inside them AI. The columns are shown images of human eyes. Iris said that it is impossible to extract from the AI taridiuma, you need to fight with them. Jack is faced with the image and enters the world of AI, to fight and win.

(4). Deadly duel with the AI. Type - Action / Trap. Size - small. Locality - abstract interior.
Level - a risky trap. Clash of the AI to fight not passed unnoticed: the feeling remains that the ancient alien culture has invaded their world, but then disappeared. The bodies were AI fluorescent labels which can trace their mestonahozhdneie.

(5). Mousetrap. Type - ATMOS. Size - large. Terrain - the interior of the caves Skaardzhi / Corporation.
Jack returns to the room with columns, which are about to explode, he has to leave as soon as possible so as not to perish. Jack once again descends on the way he runs into the abandoned artifacts of the corporation, which allows Iris gradually restored picture.
Soon, Jack gets into a room with another taridiumnoy column, which shows an alien eye. Iris tells Jack not to approach the convoy, because he believes that it is a trap to fight. Jack has a choice: if he comes to the column, he dies, if not, it continues its mission.
Jack looks around - turns out that he was at an impasse, he rests on a massive stone wall, but the top of the roof is a holographic projector - if it is broken, then the wall disappears. Behind the wall is a vast field of force, hiding the secret laboratory of the corporation. Target Jack - to pass through this field. The easiest way - is to seize control of the corporation as a technician with an implant-gun and force him off the field.
(6). Backroom. Type - RIDDLE. Size - medium. Locality - Interior Laboratory Corporation.
Here, Jack and Iris are aware that the corporation involved in everything that happened. This laboratory was built around an ancient space ship to fight, crashed thousands of years ago, and now returned to life: all around on the screens glowing image of the ship, imprinted in the stone of the planet.
Target Jack - to overcome the resistance of the corporation and down through the lab to the ship. When Jack reaches the door, he notices that the ship illuminated by golden lights.

(7). Ancient spaceship. Type - voltage. Size - medium. Locality - Interior alien spacecraft.
Interior of the spacecraft prichudliv - located inside the ancient world of robots to fight, the surface covered with fluorescent patterns. The usual rules of connectivity at this level do not apply - there may be used teleports and portals.
Jack finally finds to fight - the alien AI, concluded in taridiumnuyu column with the image of the eye.

(8). Deadly duel with the fight. Type - Action. Size - small. Locality - alien quaint interior.
To some extent, Jack was prepared for what he sees, but was struck foreignness of this place. Body tear was dark, covered with fluorescent markings, which floated around him, creating the effect of plasma-field. The walls are covered by pulsing brown mucus, invulnerable, but reacting to attacks.
After the battle Iris dies.

(9). Crater Gow. Type - RIDDLE. Size-Medium-large. Locality - the inner space of the caves, and external - the crater.
Jack leaves the scene of the battle to fight and forcing its way through the cave and transitions to the elevator. From the ground it falls just at the bottom of a huge crater. Looking up, Jack sees the construction, suspended above the center of the crater. Inside the building, and is a gravity lift - the whole task is to get there.

(10). Gravity lift. Type - Action. Size - medium. Terrain - Technical Interior corporation.
As a result of heavy fighting, Jack finally takes control over the gravity lift and sent to the satellite, from where it must take shuttle.

Episode 3. Home.
(1). Landed. Type - ATMOS. Size - small. Locality - outer / inner space.
Jack is in a small transparent dome of one of the satellites of the planet, all of which he regards here, turns into dust.
Gradually, the sky darkens, hear alarms. Jack looks up and sees that the ship Skaardzhi going to land directly over the dome, where Jack is.
Landing ship is accompanied by an earthquake, behind Jack opened tunnels. Jack starts to fight with Skaardzhi that poured from the ship, but then realized that would have to leave.

(2). Tunnels. Type - Action. Size - large. Terrain - the space of the caves / tombs.
Jack enters the tunnels and caves, passing under the dome. In Skaardzhi, mersenariev and people they are full of strange creatures, which also have to fight. In the end, Jack gets to the engineering area.
It was built by the ancestors of Nali, which spent all their forces in a small space flight. Centuries ago, a small group of atheists separated from religious Nali and built a colony on the planet's moon. And when they came Skaardzhi, they moved their colony under the surface of the planet. Unlike the Nali, these aggressive and warlike.
On the way Jack sees Nali built the spacecraft.
Finally, Jack finds a way out to the surface at a distance from the ship Skaardzhi.

(3). The Waste Land. Type - voltage. Size - large. Locality - barren space.
Jack cautiously made his way across the barren space of the planet, trying to use an implant-gun wherever possible, to minimize its own risk and increase loss Skaardzhi.
Jack reaches the ship, coming on board and closes the door behind him, perhaps it is blocked?

(+4). Zone spacecraft number 1. Type - ATMOS. Size - medium. Locality - the interior of the spacecraft Skaardzhi / corporation.
Jack made his way through the first dangerous area of the spacecraft. He goes to the center of the ship, where the first dock, but the door leading to the document, rose before him. He has to go round - through the hexagonal hallway next compartment - terrarium.

(+5). Terrarium. Type - RIDDLE. Size - small. Locality - interior terrarium spacecraft.
Jack vsterchaet his partner Fay, which, as he thought he was dead. He has to fight with her, whereupon he learns that she is a cyborg, so she was able to escape from the trap.
Then he once again must fight with Faye (to increase the chances he has to turn the system of moisture, then it will move slower).

(+6). Zone spacecraft number 3. Type - voltage. Size - medium. Locality - the interior of the spacecraft Skaardzhi / corporation.
Jack travels through another corridor to the 3 hexagonal zone. Along the way he needs to wear a suit with the symbol Skaardzhi corporations - he finally realizes that they are the corporation.
Jack gets to the door leading to the control center, where he met with Hari, which reports that the tear was alive inside the Iris and activates the AI.

(7). The last fatal duel. Type - Action. Size - small. Locality - alien quaint interior.
Jack fights with Iris, the skin is darkened and covered with fluorescent markings to fight. Once he wins, Iris turns into a fight, which again need to fight. After the final victory of Iris returns to normal.

(8). Control Center. Type - RIDDLE. Size - small. Locality - the interior of the spacecraft Skaardzhi / corporation.
Returning to the control center, Jack finds there is Hari. Jack must use an implant-gun and make Hari pass scanning eyes. Later, Jack runs a program of self-destruction and teleports with Hari in the rocket Nali, fly away.
Jack makes Hari put on a suit and throws it into the open space, and himself, along with Iris goes to deal with unfinished business.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Funny that this all completelly contradicts with what Unreal turned out to be, the later series this is completelly dark and gritty and with a twists involving skaarj and conspiracy, not disimmilar to redeem your space and bloodgate(my old project) stories in redeem your space, the skaarj are just a genetic experiment/creation. As for bloodgate, it was about this(shortly):
The project's plot (was created around 2002)
involved a starship, where the main character would do some pretty routine
and boring job and it would be attacked by the Skaarj, having him force
to escape and teleport himself to an scientific outpost and labs, where
would be going on some nasty experiments (no, not cliched zombies) and
the player would explore the planet's environments and usual stuff,
except that later in the pack you would fall unconscious and wake up
in some part of temple you've been before, but with strange confusing
portals, which would be revealed to be experimental portals and that
in fact in top of it is built a human base and actually you would meet
an old face, it would be lead by a power-mad commander of the ship you
escaped from originally and you would discover that they have lead Skaarj
to the ship on purpose, also to get rid of the crew who could have been
security riscs. And then they would kill the Skaarj on the ship by a
certain nerve gas sent on the ship to clean it up and the humans would
return to the ship finally using it in their last part of their power
mad experiment, which you would discover after blowing up a skaarj ship
in the space later on and flying towards the old ship and discover there
has been a new activity.

EDIT: here's a thread showing some of the corrected translation stuff

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Google provides quite nice translation, but if you find some meaningless sentences, you may ask me to translate it :)

Thanks, but I think Skaarj[ZR] is doing fine job so far. I found many meaningless sentences, but still I think they will make sense once Skaarj finishes the translating.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Hey, how come this neat stuff hasn't been released to the public yet?

Don't blame me, it is not even a full week. Sigh I am sick of this all, on one side all the stupid idiots on youtube saying this is all fake etc and on other side people telling me to hurry to release the stuff. The point is I can't release it in the way it is now and I plan to have some fixes in place first (with different filenames, all original stuff will be in), but I am waiting on input on some people and then they are not exactly being helpful etc....

:rolleyes:

Give me a break....

Trust me, this is all for good of everyone.

Last edited:

Diehard

Lol Leo, dont mind those people, just do what you wanna do regardless what time it takes. I mean a couple a weeks, or months waiting is little extra time after a decade of waiting.

And proof, what now proof, let them go to hell lol. Since when does anyone needs to proove anything, disregard such bull Leo.

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
Don't blame me, it is not even a full week. Sigh I am sick of this all, on one side all the stupid idiots on youtube saying this is all fake etc and on other side people telling me to hurry to release the stuff. The point is I can't release it in the way it is now and I plan to have some fixes in place first (with different filenames, all original stuff will be in), but I am waiting on input on some people and then they are not exactly being helpful etc....

:rolleyes:

Give me a break....

Trust me, this is all for good of everyone.

Oh okay. sounds good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.