UE3 - UT3 Path complexity

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I have a PowerCore just like the one you find in WAR-Torlan, that is, half-way sunk in the ground. The level designer got the pathing connected to the Core, I really have no clue how the nodes got linked to the core going trough the BSP, as white paths.

I looked in the properties, there's also a blocking volume in the way which leads me to believe Torlan's designer forced the paths via the core. I just have no clue how.

I deleted those linked Path Nodes, and brought up new ones approximately in the same place as the other ones, made a build and the nodes didn't link.

Just... how the hell? :con:

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
maybe they built paths with the cores above ground and then lowered them after paths were already built... but hmm... then that might have generated a "Paths need to be rebuilt "warning... :hmm:

Lungri

Jun 10, 2008
I'm not sure if this is the sort of fix your after, but if you select two nodes, and right click, you can turn on "Force path" in Path Options, might help for what you're trying to do

willhaven

bPimp=False
Aug 18, 1999
www.planetunreal.com
Correct. Right click force will do this for you. You can also create one way forced paths by forcing them to each other and clearing the forced paths from one of the nodes. :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Oh wow, this is way too useful, I can't believe I wasn't aware of that. D:
It does work, but you have to deselected the actors to see the changes, which is confusing at first glance.