Genesis Assault Mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SteelKiller

Jan 5, 2006
I would like to create a mech based mod for UT2k4. "Genesis Assault" all i want to do is add mech/robot models and maps that would show their scale. scale being gigantic mechines in a war to defend earth....to the death. i would also like to add a bit of melee. I will add more details later.

***Please give me your ideas and suggestions on this.***

As of now heres what i need.

1.Mapper. that make custom maps and rescale others.
2.somebody that can replace the menu and loading screens.

Last edited:

SteelKiller

Jan 5, 2006
Well i was hoping to get a response on this. doe's anybody want a mech mod from UT2k4?. it would not be a huge project. not doing what i have in mind. but it would still be a great mech mod to play.

]F|T[Corvus

Deus Ex Machina
Aug 15, 2005
Germany
www.nemesis-mod.cjb.net
Well, when I think of mech's (or mechas) first picture I get in mind are these anime-like robots as in Gundam. These are extremly huge and so I guess you are hopeing to design the mod that way.

I rather like the Mechwarrior style with smaller battlesuits. A had an idea of some kind of advanced combat. Normal infantery supported by mechanoid artillery. But I'm out of modding, so....

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Woulnd't it be a better idea to get a coder to make a mod wich enlarges the player and everything he interacts with and just add new maps and Mech playermodels?

That way it's much more open, no need to rescale things, Possibility to use different models for roffles.

SteelKiller

Jan 5, 2006
I like that idea! but i was thinking of just getting a mapper to make the maps to the scale of the mechs. i do not know any coders. or modelers. so i was thinking about taking mecha looking models with maps to show their scale. and if i could get a coder it would have custom HUD, loading screens and menu screens. if i could get a modeler it then would have custom mechs of all types.