Grand Theft Auto 5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It might be like GTA IV where you had three protagonists. Niko Bellic (Main Game), Luis Fernando Lopez (TBOGT), and Johnny Klebitz (TLATD) in episodic content, except with these new protagonists shown exiting the red van from the heist.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
right.

the thing about GTA 4 is that all of the characters who eventually become playable in DLC's were already introduced at some point in the main storyline. whether they were just mentioned by name (Luis) or actually featured in a cutscene (Johnny), they had some kind of connection to the base game.

it seems likely that Balcony Guy will be the core protag. especially since he narrated (in first-person language) the official trailer. and it seems equally likely that the Mexican kid and/or the black kid will be protags at different times in the games history since they also appear now in several screens and the official trailer.

my point still stands, but I just realized that Luis Lopez actually made a full appearence in GTA 4 too, not just referenced in conversation.
he was the guy trying to hijack the diamond deal in the museum. in fact, this scene includes Luis, Johnny, AND Niko.

800px-luis2.jpg

Last edited:

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
6748-gtav-blonde-girl-ifruit.jpg

Pre-ordering starts next week for PS3 and XBOX360.
PC is not mentioned. (Don't you even think about it, R*!)

PS: I thought they were waiting for the next generation of consoles to come out. Then they could release the game practically on day one and not worry about time constrictions to release the mandatory DLC episodes. Just sayin'.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
It will release around 10 months after the console versions do just like every other GTA. And it will probably be buggy as fuck just like every other PC release, though I hope they learned their lesson from GTAIV.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Grand Theft Auto V: Official Gameplay Video

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI[/M]

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
http://www.gamespot.com/news/rockstar-wii-u-pc-versions-of-gtav-up-for-consideration-6400331

To me "up for consideration" means they haven't even started working on it yet and that means more than 10 months wait. Makes you wonder if the trailers were in fact console footage and not PC footage all along. Welp guess I shall be getting it for ps3 because the wait will most certainly not be worth it.
Welp, it took 9 months just to get actual gameplay footage, so....

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
yeah it's official.

this game will pretty much be the end of me.
the guy with the top comment is right. how are you gonna' play another game after this?? at least, another similar game. it really puts everything in that category to shame. past, present, and foreseeable future.

shit. even Tiger Woods PGA Tour is apparently threatened by this.

if GTAV plays half as good as it looks my life will be over.
my friends and family will find me emaciated in front of the computer.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
a month?

I STILL play GTA IV sometimes, thanks to the modding community, and it's how many years old? and it's like 1/4th the size of what GTA V will be??
oh man. I'm telling you, I'm probably gonna' lose 2 years of my life in the time I spend sitting in front of GTA5 :lol:

and I won't regret a second of it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I played GTA 4 for about two hours then I never touched it again. That freaking cell phone.

I've found I like Saints Row quite a bit more than GTA these days. It's like taking the genre to the place GTA was originally trying to go (criminally insane and stupid things that make something fun) instead of stupid ultra-realism poop.

That being said, this could be entertaining. I'm still on the fence about it.