UT3 DOM Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Draco73

Oct 11, 2005
www.silentdragons.com
does anyone know if any online servers has been set up with the DOM mod yet? I would love to hop on line and frag some folks if there are...plz supply ip if anyone knows of any.

thanks

EisWiesel

... !!!
Jan 19, 2008
www.ut436.de
I get this error when trying to install it:

Error opening file for writing:

C:, program files\Unreal Tournament 3\\UTgame\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk

there are two backslashes in that path. You should let the installer deciding the path, because its preparing for the correct one.

for those running a -nohomedir setup, try the following:

move the installed files to the CooketPC directory of the ut3-maininstallation:

• Published\CookedPC\Script\UTDom.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDom.u
  • Published\CookedPC\Script\UTDomWebAdmin.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTDomWebAdmin.u
  • Published\CookedPC\Script\UTMultiTeam.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeam.u
  • Published\CookedPC\Script\UTMultiTeamContent.u -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMultiTeamContent.u
  • Published\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk
  • Published\CookedPC\UTMT_Content.upk -> Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\UTMT_Content.upk

the mod will hopefully work after that.
guess all my beta-testing was ignored and for f*cking sake :/

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
there are two backslashes in that path. You should let the installer deciding the path, because its preparing for the correct one.
:/

I'm getting that same error. The path shown above is the one the installer uses, and there's no way I can see to change or correct it.

Solutions? I'm not using the nohomedir setup.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Some of these still are PP'fied to death. But looks nice overall. What I like is the fact that most of those looks mostly unique compared to those amateur mappers who always pick on the same space catwalk mesh over and over again.

Good job to all of you.

Sk.7

Jan 31, 2008
A new mod for UT3. So beautiful. Also it's a known favourite gametype. DAMN I LOVE-Love-love....!!!! \o/\o/

WildFlower

Feb 26, 2008
Epic is so silly for how they "leak" these patches out... No wonder no one ever has the same version of the game...

Anyone who knows about programming is aware that it's already extremely difficult to predict the full range of behavior a piece of code will produce or all the wanted and unwanted side-effects a change will produce on one machine. However, between software and hardware the possible combinations are virtually unlimited, so it's essential that they have "out of house" testing of their beta patches so that the final release actually works (at least in the PC world. It's different for consoles.).

You're of course right that people that aren't intending to actually test a beta patch or are willing to live with a possible reinstall shouldn't install them in the first place.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I'm running one on my own PC right now- I cant support a whole ton of players but its a start.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Some of these still are PP'fied to death. But looks nice overall. What I like is the fact that most of those looks mostly unique compared to those amateur mappers who always pick on the same space catwalk mesh over and over again.

Good job to all of you.

we made no changes to the maps since the release of those screenshots. Well, actually we did, but they were not included cause of the pain in the ass they are to cook and how problematic they are, so maybe in the future if they have bugs or glitches, then we'll patch them with improved versions

Steadfast

Jun 19, 2008
Karlsruhe
I get this error when trying to install it:

Error opening file for writing:

C:, program files\Unreal Tournament 3\\UTgame\CookedPC\DOM_Content.upk

Abort, retry, ignore?

Any suggestions...my UT3 runs fine.

I had the same error. Just say no, when it asks you to install it in your ut3-install-folder.

KeithZG

will forever be nostalgic
Oct 14, 2003
Visit site
Brilliant! I've been missing DOM since, well, UT99 stopped being playable online, so . . . oh. Right. Still not out for Linux . . . hmm. But I'm joyous in theory! Good job; actually, I'm once again looking forward to whenever I can really play UT3, kudos :)

Last edited:

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
i've only had time to check out 2 maps, but i have to say, they were sweet. My fav map right now would have to be contrast. I know that there will be many who hate it due to the amount of fog, but imo that really adds charm to the level! It will force players to get up close for a fight, no camping in the distance and sniping. Also, i love how you are just running around in the fog, with no sense of direction, every now and then bumping into a team mate or enemy and having a bit of a fight before being swallowed by the fog once again. That map is pure genius!
The only problem which i want to point out right now (IE, i have encountered more but don't have time to talk) is that the bots are still way too accurate in the fog. I am being sniped by bots who obviously can't see me.
Another thing, the shock rifle and link gun fights in the fog among the trees look so cool! (just had to say it before some more problem pointing out)
Ok, got that out of the way. The bad thing about that is the bots uberawareness again. While it is extremely cool, it is also frustrating because i am getting repeatedly raped by bots who i can't see and who i am sure can't see me.

So, i love the map. But as an offline player it is far from perfect. What i suggest is a bit of kismet that alters the bot behaviour on this specific level. So, until they are a certain distance from you, they will not notice you. Other then that, no modifications are really needed. This is essentially making the fog affect bots as well, and would make for a fairer game offline.

but really, with that all said, the 2 games i played were a bloody great GG and i can't wait to see what else you packed in that download!

«:MX:»MadSniper

I didn't survive SuperCrash '08: The BuF
Jan 22, 2008
I live where I live.
Aw man, it's a shame I got to do hardly anything for the mod. Sorry dev team. I meant to map but my computer's been on the fritz for months now... and I've been doing some other things.

Glad you all are liking it though. Our team spent many hours working on it, especially Snake.

RoninMastaFX

Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1
Stay away from BETA patches, they are labeled BETA for a reason...

Epic is so silly for how they "leak" these patches out... No wonder no one ever has the same version of the game...

Patch v1.3 Beta 1 only had this problem, not Beta 2. But you should only be using the patches if you suscribed to the UT3MODS list, i agree with you on that one. :)

JimBodkins

Apr 10, 2004
Very nice. You have a winner I think.

One of the maps - something downtown maybe (a train tunnel? and a roof top?) was odd.

I disable double jump - I know ... I know - and the upper node needs rocket jump to reach. Just a note.

Why didnt Epic facilitate importing ut2k4 maps (some nice maps)?