[UT2k4] Headshots galley (newbie)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jeepaholic

Mar 5, 2005
The idea is simple: When you give someone a headshot, the game will automatically take a screenshot. And in addition, there could be some simple setting for the time when to take the screenshot after the headshot. Sometimes the head looks better after a 1/2 sec or so (when its a bit away from the body...)=P.
I just love the way a Headshot occurs in UT... =D

The problem is, that I do not know how to make a mutator or how to script such a thing. So I would appreciate if you could help me with this...

THX a lot! :)

Jeepaholic

Mar 5, 2005
Oh, come on!... Is it so hard to make such a thing or is it so crappy that just nobody cares... ??? =/

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Jeepaholic said:
The idea is simple: When you give someone a headshot, the game will automatically take a screenshot. And in addition, there could be some simple setting for the time when to take the screenshot after the headshot. Sometimes the head looks better after a 1/2 sec or so (when its a bit away from the body...)=P.
I just love the way a Headshot occurs in UT... =D

The problem is, that I do not know how to make a mutator or how to script such a thing. So I would appreciate if you could help me with this...

THX a lot! :)

Maybe sommeone could do that for you , but seriously , just take the screen shot youself , i mean , who ever wanted a mutator like this? I still think that longer corpse is a better idea though.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I cant imagine this would be too hard to code.

Anyways on the pausing thing when a screenshot is taken why not take the screenshot from the pc of the person who got killed rather than the person doing the killing. This would make it so the game would pause on the dead persons pc rather than the killers. The only problem I can see is that there maybe some timing issues to get the screenshot to be taken at the right moment.

I always wanted to be able to record the deaths so you could play the demo's back at later times and watch the ragdolls in all thier glory, also yes long time till the corpse's de-res.

Anyways this probably didnt help much coding wise.

Jeepaholic

Mar 5, 2005
Well. I knew that this would sound stupid. I just like headshots in UT2k4.
But you dont always have the time to push some btn yourself to take the screenie. And IF, Im not that fast to catch the glory moment when the body still floats and the head flies away... %D.
I dunno what script or command it should trigger, but I thaught I could start at the "HEADSHOT" announcement. You know-every time you issue a headshot the announcer tells you the magic word and also its displayed onscreen. So when the announcement is triggered the screenie could be triggered at the same time. What do you think?
MonsOlympus had a good idea to take a screenie of thy dying one. I would make the mutator to take screens of both of the players. So the puase would be the same for the 2. Then you could see the both sides of it... =P And I would not care of the pause-its not that big, is it ??? ;P (Or lets say-its worth the "shot"...)

[SAS]Solid Snake: Plz give me your ICQ or e-mail. I will send you a scan of $100US. What do you say?! Deal? =P

P.S. Excuse my grammar-Im just a sick headhunter bastard... ;P

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
MonsOlympus said:
I always wanted to be able to record the deaths so you could play the demo's back at later times and watch the ragdolls in all thier glory

I got bored of ragdoll (DM-gael-like) watchin , ya know. :eek:

MonsOlympus said:
also yes long time till the corpse's de-res.

This won't be a bad idea , the ragdoll is not eating my pc though.