Need Mozilla help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Beowolf

hail to the king
Feb 2, 2003
barracksnetwork.com
The menus are absolute, the center content table is just <center> because I don't know the CSS code for centered :eek: Always worked fine, so I didn't think anything of it.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Papapishu said:
What engine does safari use?

KHTML. They customized it quite a bit, but they decided not to use gecko because of it's memory management issues (IIRC)

fyfe

self destruction might be the answer.
Nov 10, 2002
On the road
myspace.com
The big problem with IE is it accepts bad code, for the user this is a good think because it makes most web sites viewable, but for web designers it's bad because they get sloppy and use bad code, which only works in IE.

Any way that's enough IE bashing, I've attached a more non-IE browser friendly version of your page (or you can view it here). It should look almost identical in both IE and Mozilla (and most other browsers).

Attachments

• TheBarracks.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
ZenPirate said:
KHTML. They customized it quite a bit, but they decided not to use gecko because of it's memory management issues (IIRC)

You mean the one in Konqueror?
They must have customized it quite a bit, cause konqueror plain sucks... :hmm:

Beo:
Why not try the normal way, with tables?
Code:
<table width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan=2>
First image
</td>
<td colspan=2>
Second image
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width=100>Left menu</td>
<td colspan=2>Center stuff</td>
<td width=100>Right menu</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=4>
Legal stuff
</td>
</tr>
</table>

I don't think I've ever seen the use of the css selector "right" before... :hmm:

The Purple Bunny

Super Mario Breakdance!
Jun 27, 2003
Hot South GA
www.bunnyhaetsu.net
Haet IE. Mozilla displays code and follows the standards of W3 a lot better than IE does. IE allows unclosed tags, broken tags, and even their own set of features that can make a page look messed up in Mozilla.

I prefer Mozilla for the other stuff too. LOTS better than IE.

Beowolf

hail to the king
Feb 2, 2003
barracksnetwork.com
Pap, I do not believe that work, because I have all menu information stored in one header.php file, and each page only has the two include lines, header and footer, than the content table. If I had the content table in the header, there would be no way I could add anything to it from that page :con:

fyfe, trying it out...