Guys check the Epic Games page!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Teehee, I know what it is about.

The news will blow you away - ign.com

I will be underwhelmed by anything else than a UT3 Linux/Mac client, a new PC-only Unreal game or a patch that adds JIT compiling to (and therefore boosting performance in) existing Unreal games.

And while we're at the "patching" topic - UT3 still lacks a UdpLink class.

Last edited:

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
Teehee, I know what it is about.

The news will blow you away - ign.com

If you mean that by IGN stating "EPIC teasing something Unreal" it refers to the Make Somethign Unreal contest I would have to disagree.

Or do you have more insight. :)

I didn't see the page, because I wasn't at my PC last night. Did anybody have a look at the page source (first thing to do in such case, maybe there was a little hint in the metatags or whereever).

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
Screenshot or it didn't happen...

Go UT3 v3.0!

God no, GOD NO. Let UT3 rest in peace already. there's not much that can be done to really bring the game back to life, sure it can be patched and improved, but that will be it, just a patch to a deadly wound. Let it just go.

Now, bring some EPIC developed Unreal 3, no UT, just Unreal. And GOD, developed FOR PC (though that surely won't happen)

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Heh. A Linux UT3 client sounds to me like about the most underwhelming thing possible, they certainly wouldn't bother making a splash page about it that's for sure.

Fife8

Aug 6, 2008
Ugh. The news post about that mysterious Unreal page was deleted from the BeyondUnreal main page, but the thread about it was still in the news section of the forums. But now the whole thread about it is gone in the news section. How weird? :)

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
If you mean that by IGN stating "EPIC teasing something Unreal" it refers to the Make Somethign Unreal contest I would have to disagree.

No, the "- ign.com" is a running joke on the IdleThumbs Forums. IGN.com is known for it's rediculous quotes (which are often seen on the box). During one postcast of idlethumbs this was discussed and it spawned an "ign.com" thread with (mostly) fake ign.com quotes: http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6275 (and there's also: http://igndotcom.info )

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
I just assumed they got hacked or something.

A Next-gen remake of the most popular Unreal title to date: Unreal 2, exclusively for Xbox 360, in honor of fans!

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Sorry about the news-post/sudden deletion, guys. We were asked to take it down and did so with the understanding that the logo mistakenly went live. I removed one from this thread already, though with Kotaku leaving their story in-place there doesn't seem to be much more damage that can be done by viewing it at this point.

It's not a game - sorry to disappoint some of you - but I think you'll find it's going to be a very wonderful thing for many people. We'll have more on it when Epic gets their ducks in a row and is ready to talk about it.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
It's not a game - sorry to disappoint some of you - but I think you'll find it's going to be a very wonderful thing for many people. We'll have more on it when Epic gets their ducks in a row and is ready to talk about it.

I'm guessing it's something engine related, most likely a standalone release of UE3 similar to what they did with UE2. Would be a great announcement to cap off the MSUC.