SErver wont show up even though im not behind a router

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oZ INF DM

my UT99 SErver wont show up even though im not behind a router. or even my unreal 1 server from my cable connection.

iT IS Advertised, do uplink is true and do beacon is true.

I am NOT behind a router, back in the day like 2001 i never had this problem but now this has become an issue. My fire wall is OFF also. Is my ISP blocking this action? if so what can be done? can anyone help an old schooler?

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Is the IPv4 address of your PC in any of the following ranges?

10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (10/8 prefix)
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (172.16/12 prefix)
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (192.168/16 prefix)

If so, then you might have to set ServerBehindNAT=true in the server ini file.

oZ INF DM

i also read this somewhere:

using unreal tournament goty 436 patch. should it be 451?

also i noticed in my unrealtournament.ini, it says

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900

but when i read that 333networks tutorial, it says to use:

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.telefragged.com MasterServerPort=27500

also my list facories are

ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=utmaster.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut

but it says to use this?

[UBrowserAll]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserGSpyFact,MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com,MasterServerTCPPort=28900,Region=0,GameName=ut

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
If your IPv4 address is in the 10.0.0.0/8 range then you are being NAT'd somewhere.

If at the local router then you should be able to configure port forwarding etc. locally on the router (despite what you say about not being behind a router of some sort, the address says otherwise).

If you are subject to carrier-grade NAT then it is unlikely that you will be able to run an externally visible service (such at UT) with your current ISP.