reloadable UT weapons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

papercoffee

coffee addicted !!!
Nov 1, 2011
cologne
www.katran-online.com
Since you are talking about the food fight mod, I can even tell that the reloads should be faster overall ;)
Well ...yes this would be an option for the bigger and stronger guns. the Toastanator and the Salad Thrower got a pretty well animated reload... but they are slow.

We thought about the option to interrupt the full reload animation by weapon switch (this way you will not turn into a sitting duck) where you get another weapon you'd pick up during the match and can fight back ...afterwards you can hide and try to reload your bigger weapon.
But this would consider a recode of the existing FF weapon roster.
Oh and the bots seem to dislike any kind of reload.

Any suggestions ?? ...to delete the reload would change the balance of the weapons drastically.

Food Fight was supposed to be different in game-play ... but never compare FF weapons with any UT weapons ...FF will lose against bullet-storm weapons :D ...gopo tested it already.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
For me it makes sense as the food fight mod is, it's supposed to have reloading, I just think it have to have faster reloads overall
I played plenty of mods with such and fasten the reload will keep it fun, at worse you have to fasten the anims, I believe it's manageable through code.

Agent X for example have pretty fast reloads

papercoffee

coffee addicted !!!
Nov 1, 2011
cologne
www.katran-online.com
Agent X for example have pretty fast reloads
Thanks for the hint... :)

We thought about the option to interrupt the full reload animation by weapon switch (this way you will not turn into a sitting duck)
This would be another solution ...but anyway it must be recoded to solve this problem but right now we are short on coders in our team ...

Last edited: