Happy 12th anniversary UT

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I still love this game! The funniest thing to me is recalling how stressed I was that when I first got it my PC could barely run it. UT forced me to learn to overclock my system and buy better ram and get my first VooDoo Video Card!

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Man, UT defined my "adolescent-hood" gaming.
Mine would be the mid life of the Doom era and beginning of Quake but I don't love UT any less. :p

UT may not have been where I started my initial gaming years but it is where I started my competitive clan/ladder playing years. It's also where I found that I had a knack for UT in that type of strict environment, playing against players who were way better than me than gradually getting to their level and finding out I could eventually beat them. Those days are over now but they were still amazing and it's where I met a lot of really great people that I still talk to every day. BuF is one of the places I never would have found if it weren't for Unreal and UT. :D

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Happy Anniversary UT

You got me into PC gaming

You allowed me to befriend this dude one night on a DM server, and then for the next 3 years having an internet love date with his wife.

You allowed me to discover PlanetUnreal and eventually this site

You allowed me to befriend a man named Kal976. Without UT I wouldn't have played UT2k3.

You gave me many years of rage because I could never surpass a certain skill point.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
You gave me many years of rage because I could never surpass a certain skill point.
That's almost everybody. I plateaued and stagnated at a certain point around the end of 2k4's lifetime and even though I made small improvements in UT3, it was nothing like my "prime" years playing UT - 2k4. It's bound to happen and there's really nothing you can do about it except take a break and come back to it. Sometimes that may let you look at the game in a new fresh perspective and overcome your past limitations.