Noob questions for setting up a server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I'm in the process of setting up a server from my home, but there are still several problems i haven't figured out. I'll start with the more noobish ones, surely more are to come later :D .

-Whenever i launch a server, whether from a bat file or within Inf, the map list doesn't seem to work. Players can see the available maplist, but the server keeps replaying the same map over and over, even if players vote for another map. I've tried restarting the server with the correct template using Webtools, but it stays the same.
edit : solved, thx to cleeus

-This one is more of a request than a question : i know that the dtas ini allows to ignore specific pathnodes for rts. I'm sure some old times dtas servers like jgkdo must already have listed most of the pathnodes that may cause problem on common maps. Could you guys make that list avalaible so that i can use it in my dtas .ini ?

edit : more questions

- looking through the log i found this :
Code:
ScriptLog: Add mutator INF_Bonus.INF_Bonus
[B]Warning: Failed to load 'INF_AddEquipment': Can't find file for package 'INF_AddEquipment'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class INF_AddEquipment.INF_AddEquipmentMut': Can't find file for package 'INF_AddEquipment'
Warning: Failed to load 'INF_Charges': Can't find file for package 'INF_Charges'
Warning: Failed to load 'Class INF_Charges.INF_BCMut': Can't find file for package 'INF_Charges'[/B]
ScriptLog: INF_n50FixSpawnNotify added: DM-INF-ManorFarm.INF_n50FixSpawnNotify0

Is it normal to find this message even though everything seemed to work perfectly ?

- is it possible not to have any log recorded ?

Thx

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Thx lemon.
Actually my problem was completly unrelated to inf, and was due to my router suddenly deciding that all my port triggering wouldn't work. After reinstalling everything :( , I finally reset the router and tada! eveything was working fine. Bah.

As for your ini i actually have a few question. For example, yours reads :
[InfSecureValidate.InfSVUdpServerQuery]
GameName=ut
OldQueryPortNumber=7778
bRestartServerOnPortSwap=True
MinNetVer=436
bTeamInfo=True

whereas i only have this
[InfSecureValidate.InfSVUdpServerQuery]
GameName=ut

Do i need to add those line ?

Also, i can't figure out redirect. My ini settings look like yours but somehow it doesn't work. Do i need to organize the redirect folder as the ut folder ? (that is, with different folders for each type of file, system, maps, textures, etc).

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
A few more ;) :

I'm having a sh!tload of these lines in my logs :
Code:
ScriptLog: ---------------18 ->03:31 - (Event) Georgi entered the game.
Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Class None.': Can't resolve package name
Is that normal ?

I also noticed this :
Code:
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture INF_cFaces001EYE.EyeClosed_Face_Strap_White7': Failed to find object 'Texture INF_cFaces001EYE.EyeClosed_Face_Strap_White7'

Everything seemed to work ok though, should i be worried ?

And lastly, is there a command to know the cpu load or must i use an external app ?

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
For the first one, its like you have few lines like this:
ServerPackage=(it does not understand the rest of the line)

I recommand you one thing i experienced: remove all useless spaces at the end of lines, be sure theres a <cr> (Return/Enter Key) just after the package name which should be same at the file name .u

Hmm, but since it comes while in game, im not sure at all...
but you should check all your lines this way (no spaces & <cr>)

About Free.fr isp web space, because they use Linux, the filenames are case sensistive,
test it yourself:
http://chopard.fest4.free.fr/Plage.jpg <--Work
http://chopard.fest4.free.fr/PlAge.jpG <--Doesn't work

It may explain why redirect works for some file but some not

About the web space again, all .uz files must be in the same directory you declare in your ini (textures,maps,sounds,whatever)

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Thx lemon. About free.fr, it may something about case sensitivenes, as you pointed out. One of the file i've had trouble with is Jmansion.utx, and i'm beginning to wonder if there aren't 2 files floating around, one "Jmansion" and the other "jmansion". That may explain it, i'm gonna run a few more tests.
As for the
Code:
i checked every line, it still does it :( .

Last edited:

Lemon.fr

SkaarjFruit
Oct 28, 2003
France, Cannes
Visit site
ant75 said:
Code:
i checked every line, it still does it :( .

Yea but since its while in game, i dont think it comes from the ini, or it would simply not start. Im thinking about a mutator like IBT that loads extra packages (.u*) and does not request it correctly.
My coding (not UTScript) experience reminds me that NULL means something like empty or a var with no value.

Last edited:

STELLAR 7

Why the urge to improve yourself?
Nov 17, 2005
It's not exactly the same issue. In ant's case, it would never switch maps even when voting, this happens if you don't set auto location change from the mission menu.
However, on YOUR server, the maps do switch normally following the list as well as when voting, EXCEPT on TWO SPECIFIC CASES where the server reverts back to the server start-up map: After voting for or arriving at the start-up map from a previous map, AND after certain map slots which seem to change unknowingly.

Last edited by a moderator: