need someone to playtest

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Silva

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
London UK
www.ukbboys.cjb.net
im on 512k adsl broadband and your download of 2.00mb is gonna take me 45mins!?!?!? 1kb/s!?!?!?!? upload it somewhere else..........

you can even upload it to this site as a zip!...... its only 2.00mb....... do it plz!

- Silva

Last edited:

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
I *could* be willing to try it... but...

1. Get some images posted here
2. Upload it at Unreal Playground, THEY have a beta maps section, NaliCity DOESN'T. Then we all can download it and cehck it out...

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
i thought the limit to map size was 1 meg?...

hm. where i got it right now is that slow... 0_o...

ill try to get it somewhere else.

King Cobra

Handle whit care
Jul 21, 2003
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
Ok I'v try'd it. Verry fun to play, big map. But I didn't like the Sky Box. And the bots have problem in there. Like they can't get out of the water where is the shieltbelt. Some brush are not well aligned. And some textute to. But if you whould do a 2nd edition and fix those thing's. I think that it could be a damn good map. But verry good job man. :)

Silva

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
London UK
www.ukbboys.cjb.net
Cobra seems very enthusiastic..... i on the other hand have more of an opinion to share with you....

things i didnt like:

1)its a block
2)its too open - put some more buildings in
3)you have too many weapons of the same kind in one place....... spread out the weapons..... make the players do some work
4)your textures choices r boring....... need some variety
5)also...... where is the lighting coming from? the sky?
6)all your buildins are the same with different colours (some of them ne way) make some nice shapes in 2d shape editor or just with the regular brushes
7)skybox need work....... add some moons or osmehting, not just moving stars like that....... Cobras right when he says you need to align it better or something...... im not sure what to do myself
8) the trees are crap..... dont have them....... they look crap......
9)same with the millions of barrels on those weapons
10)add some warpzones or movers........... make it a bit different in the respet of levels in buildings

things i liked:

1)the spiral stairs are nice
2)the underground water tunnels are cool
3)the redeemer and damage amplifier are in nice places.....
4)I like the red eploding barrels..... dont have so many in front of the teleporter..... dont just have 40 in one spot...... put others elsewhere but dont put over 6 in one place please!

http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/dmain.asp?dbp=18

check out that site it has the best tutorials on the net...... good luck.........is this one of your first attempts? if so..... keep trying........ we werent all born able to use ued..... ;)

take care

- Silva

p.s. plz dont be offended by what i say i only say it to encourage you.......

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
i dont take it offensivaly, as a matter of fact its good. im glad u even TRIED it. lol anyway

this is my first *actual* map
i dont know how to use the 2-D edior
im going ot realign all the brushes and smooth it later.
i dont care for my skybox myself, rebuilding it
the open area? that's meant to be like that,... if ur into close combat then the underground would be for you when that area is finished.
too many weapons in one spot? ill fix that.
I dont know how to do movers yet

PS the version i have now has some odd secrets. . .
this map needs more playerstarts i think. too open in some areas.

ima rebuild the buildings then

choice of textures. . wher can i go to get new texture files, and where can i get a texture maker?

my editor sometimes screws up and deletes parts of my map. how do i correct that?

thanks for your time.

Taydawg

silvermoon

Nov 19, 2003
Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
You're off to a good start.

I like the open arena idea, and the trees in the middle provide some cover.

The architecture is pretty boring. Try to add some visual interest, sloped roofs, battlements, that sort of thing.

Your stairways are off to a good start, curved stairways are cool. Try to break up the texture alignment on them, though - the repeating texture on each step looks ugly. Also, in some of your stairways you've made the steps too tall, so you have to jump up them. Keep the stepheight about 16, maybe 24 world units, that way one can just run up it, and it makes pathing the bots up it easier.

Aside from that (and the texture use, already mentioned), good start to the map. I like it.

taydawg

Banned
Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Thanks. what you have played is about 1/2 of what ive got right now. :lol:
Ive been working. map is big. using much texture. you will notice that when you get to the underground (a complex area when im done), it will look neet.
gonna try out the 2-d editor soon.also, have you tried holding king of the hill on the top of the sniper tower? i dont think the version u have has the hospital, but the hospital is a great place. its 2 stories tall, big, has a healing pod, some secret stuff, and if u manage to get to the top, using translocator :xloc: then u will be rewardd with a great fortress point to defend from.