TNT 2 32mb!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ferd

«]§ß[»
Dec 21, 2000
Argentina
Visit site
Well this is not for me, I am quite happy with my V3 3000..... hmmm well almost..... anyway
i went to a friend´s house... cos he just bought UT... and when we installed it.... and patched it... and then ran it.... oh god... it looked awful.... runned jerky... like if he had 16mb of ram and the pc needed the swap file all the time..... but it happens that he has 128mb of ram..... and a nice p3 700mhz Intel..... not celeron.
i couldn´t even manage to raise the resolution to 800x600..... D3D was awful.... then i tryied open gl and it kinda worked better..... but dark..... but it was playable.....

Now hes upset cos his card is supposed to be better than mine.... but can´t run UT nicely...... and he also has Q3.... but i am telling him to not touch that damn game... so he is not.... í promised him i was gonna fix his UT...... but i don´t have any idea about Nvida....please, can you help me to make UT run nice with TNT 2 32mb!!!!!

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Point of fact, the Unreal engine was originally created to run under Glide or software rendering modes only. D3D and OpenGL were added as an afterthought, although their inclusion has improved over time. This is why all other things being equal, your 3DFx Voodoo3 running Glide will always outperform his NVidia TNT2.

Now, since you mention that you couldn't raise the resolution beyond 800x600, I would suggest looking into both the NVidia drivers, as well as ensuring that you are running under the proper renderer.

Some further information, such as which operating system, DirectX version, video card driver version, etc, will be helpful.

scsig59.jpg

INJEKTILO

Jan 31, 2001
Visit site
I have that same card. What i did was i deleted the UT and user ini files and then ran UT. Then i reconfigured my settings to use D3D in 16bit, DO NOT USE 32bit or it will fuck up! Try this and also make sure you update directx.

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Also you should make sure hes not using the detonator drivers, download and use a 3.xx driver. I have heard from many people that the detonators slow TNT cards way down.

also heres a program that may help.

logic7

SuperStar DJ
Cosmic, You forgot that Unreal was also designed around PowerVR SGL as well as Glide. I happen to be one of the few people that STILL has a PCX2 based card.

Update your drivers to Detonator 3. They increase performance across the board and DO NOT install DX8. DX7 only, DX8 has crippled more than a few systems.

Ghostgeek][

Tomb Renter
Apr 30, 2000
Visit site
Zaphrod is right. I have a TNT2 Ultra 32mb (Creative Labs) as a spare card.The best drivers for UT were the 3.68 Detonators.
Also if your using version 436 for UT get the 432 D3D driver .Ill attach it here :).

By the way my TNT2 Ultra was getting 42+ FPS with Direct X under the 3.68 detonator drivers with the old 405 and 413/405 .dll combo way back @ 800x600x32 with High detail...in most DM maps with 11 Bots on skilled.
The card is a good one.

Ghostgeek][

Tomb Renter
Apr 30, 2000
Visit site
Originally posted by Ghostgeek][

By the way my TNT2 Ultra was getting 42+ FPS with Direct X under the 3.68 detonator drivers with the old 405 and 413/405 .dll combo way back @ 800x600x32 with High detail...in most DM maps with 11 Bots on skilled.
The card is a good one.

forgot to mention it was with a pentium 3 600@672 with 128mb of generic RAM on an Asus P3B-F mobo. I have since replaced the TNT2U with another voodoo3.
this is my secondary LAN only system. :)

logic7

SuperStar DJ
Personally, I've got a GeForce2 MX, I've never had a problem with any game I've thrown at it.

My old card (which is still in service in PC#2) is a Savage4 based Diamond Stealth III. There are no words that can convey how incredible UT looks when you're running it under S3 Metal. There's a Voodoo2 in my fiancee's pc; Glide sucks hairy gerbil nutz compared to Metal.

Vikin'

Jan 26, 2001
Visit site
question

I have tried the metal rendering and it works fine IF I am offline. Online, characters freeze into a weird pose and float around like ghosts ! Ever seen this?

Do you use 16 or 32 bit rendering...I have used both no prob and saw no difference in FPS.

Wanna post the renderer .dll you are using...I deleted all the ones I had in frustration and the page I got them from is gone.

Thanks.

P3-850
256 Ram
GF2 MX

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Re: question

Originally posted by Vikin'
Online, characters freeze into a weird pose and float around like ghosts ! Ever seen this?

Yes, its because the server you are playing on doesnt have the S3TC textures installed. Seems strange that it would matter but it does, try Zombie battalions server, I know thay have the textures installed and you will see the animations properly.