Monsters in UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OrionCo30

Nov 8, 2001
Visit site
All the old Unreal monsters are available in UT99, the Skaarj, the Manta, the Brute, the Queen, etc. Putting them in a DM map is easy, having them actually appear while you play that map is something else entirely. There are settings like bHumansOnly or bNoMonsters that you can play with, but the results are, shall we say, unreliable.

I have added some monsters in a map I'm making to create a certain atmosphere. I went into Classes-Pawn-ScriptedPawn and selected and added the monsters I wanted in the map. I then added PatrolPoints so they would walk along well defined routes. Everything works great when I start the map within the editor. The monsters are there and they follow their assigned paths. :) However, the UT99 install I'm using for mapping is a different one from the one I'm using for playing. When I play the map in that different install, the monsters will not appear. :mad: What I'm looking for is a way to make the monsters appear reliably and regardless of which settings a given player uses, if such a thing is possible of course.

Snoitpo

Dec 2, 2004
i've never had problems with it myself but i've got all actors enabled, i think that everyone playing the game needs them enabled or something but i've played a few maps with mosters in them

i've also heard something about a way to auto set the option to monsters enabled but it requires a bit of modding

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
There's a custom actor avalibal at a site I don't yet remember wich ALWAYS would show the monsters in the map you placed them in, even with bHumansonly and bNomonsters set to true in the UT.ini.

If you want I can track it down for ya.