vertex blending

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jimm

Aug 21, 2004
i have been trying to use the texture blending .ive created a static mesh painted the vertexs and modified one of the shaders from the udn examples.this all works fine except the static doesnt seem to be getting lit in the map.it looks unlit just bright.any ideas ? cheers

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Make sure you don't have "use vertex colours" tuned on in the static mesh browser, and when you place the mesh set bDynamicLighting (or something) to false. Not sure what else it could be... bStaticLighting = true?
Also, make sure you put your combiner as the difuse material in a shadar material and use the shadar on your mesh not the combiner directly (apparently you have to do this though I never tried it without)
And make sure you didn't set a material for self-illumination or anything
Oh, and make sure you didn't set some stupid property like bUnlit to true :p

jimm

Aug 21, 2004
ive got the lighting right but the multi texturing seems to have gone :) i havent had the time to really check it out.ill let you know how i get on.are their any map you know use multi texturing ,if so could you point me in their direction so i can check them out .thanks again for your help :)

jimm

Aug 21, 2004
ive got it working. ;) cheers i created a shader and added the modifier to the diffuse channel :) cheers

jimm

Aug 21, 2004
i didnt use ple but i did use maya.if you goto the udn network theirs a vertex blending downloadable example ,you can see how the shaders set up :) im not sure if it will work with ple as its just recently been supported on maya with the latest release of axctorx.

Unfortunately the PLE only uses plug-ins written specifically for it which means exporting to UED is limited to use of the included UnEditor exporter/shelf. Currently UnEditor does not support vertex colors and I was hopeful that you had found a workaround. thanks Jimm