Right Hanned people Poll... More UT Control Poll

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Diving Mullah

Jan 11, 2000
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Visit site
Ok I just want to know am I the only one or not!

I am right handed, but when it comes to playing UT and other fps games. I use the mouse for looking, aiming and shooting in my left hand and use number key pads with my right hand (Doom Legacy).

The reason I started with mouse on left hand can beblamed on Jedi knights fps game. I thought it was easier if I go that way and since then have been playing like that.

Sometimes I feel that maybe that is not such a good choice, but don't wanne go through the learning curve again.

Just wondering how many of you do the same thing?

Mullah

Taker

UT Junkie
I'm right handed and use the mouse in my left hand a my joystick in the right.Whereas my buddy is left handed and he uses his joystick in his left and mouse in his right.
I'm comfortable playing this way.I would love to play using just the keyboard and mouse but as I have an extreme amount of arthritis in my left hand,joystick nad mouse is the best I can do.
So to answer your question..........
Your not alone.
:D

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
that is the strangest thing I ever heard, cause I'm right handed and use the mouse in my right.... I am the only one who posted here so far who uses the mouse with his dominant hand I think.... and the keyboard on the left. Every key on the keyboard might I add. :D

barfretchpuke

Dec 20, 1999
Visit site
I have a clan mate who used to do that. Someone suggested he switch. He did and after a couple weeks of getting used to it he improved quite a bit.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
I'm right handed, but since the days of Doom, and even through Q2, I used almost all keyboard.

The game that changed this was SiN. Even then, I used right-handed keyboard movement. I used to switch hands in mid-game to use the mouse for sniping.

When I started playing Tribes, I finally made the transition to left-handed movement and right-handed aiming. I use what was essentially my Tribes config for UT, without the jetpack and tools of course. :)

]LoL[Sgt_Sin|PuF

<]LoL[Troll>OH MY GOD, There is BLOOD all over the flagstand!

-
chainsaw.GIF

utcacbutton.gif

|H|Alarion

Neighborhood godless fragger
Mar 30, 2000
Yorktown, VA
www.rabid-wolf.com
My god, get the freaks away from me!!!!
GAAAAH!!

hehe, no really..
I am right handed and play "right handed". I don't see anything wrong with playing opposite though. Whatever is comfortable for you is fine.

BishopASJ

Before the "consoles", there was Atari
Aug 23, 2000
Buffalo, New York
Visit site
weirdo's...

I'm right handed, but I use the mouse with my left hand for day-to day mouse use @ work and at home, but I switch the mouse to my right hand for UT and all other games.

When I'm bored, I put the mouse on the floor (MS Optical) and use my foot.

surfing pr0n requires a different extremity... :eek:

TD|BooGiTyBoY

Dust Collector
Jan 28, 2001
Right over there...
www.unreality.org
Im a righty who uses the mouse in my right hand... but the other day i went to my buddies house cuz he jut got UT and wanted some "instruction" hehe
He's a righty too and he was using a joystick for moving and firing and crap in his right hand... and a mouse BALL of all things in his left for aiming! sheesh!
And he was actually doing good with it!

Boogey

Talvin Singh fanboy
Aug 31, 2000
Visit site
I've got my dominant right hand on the mouse... :)

I couldn't for the love of God imagine aiming with the left one... it's inaccurate enough as it is...

Survey_Says

Anonymous-Like
Oct 30, 2000
Chicago, IL
I'm right handed and I use it to move the mouse and the keyboard. I switch back and forth real fast. My left hand holds my soda.