ut2003 farm wars

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

beefsack

the authority in beef
Nov 22, 2002
Canberra, Australia
beefsack.blogspot.com
ive been working on some wildlife npcs recently and came up with a rather original (imo) idea that i might move onto when i become a bit proficcient with uscript, but have no problem if someone experienced would like to pick it up.

ok, bear with me, im sure it will sound lame :p . 2 teams. 2 farms. on each farm there is a leader who makes the decisions about the farm and all the lackeys. the farmer decides where to build buildings, plant crops, whether to buy animals etc. the players have to water the crops, build fences with chopped wood, feed and milk cows, crap like that during the day. there will be a day night cycle, i will explain the nighttime shenanigans in a moment. every few day cycles someone comes to pick up the produce and the team gets more money for improvements on the farm.

okkk nighttime, it gets a bit interesting here. during the nighttime its all about sabotage. the players have to try to hurt the other farm. this might include poisoning crops, making animals sick, breaking into store shed to destroy produce, stuff like that. the thing is, players have shotguns to defend their own farms, but cant carry them onto the opponents farm, they can only take poison, hammers etc. so teams have to try to balance defence and offence. when you are killed maybe you have to pay out of the farms cash to respawn or something.

the goal would be to earn a certain amount of money or to have a certain worth of crops or something.

an interesting idea i think ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
well you can make this your first foray into coding then :) everyone has to start somewhere!

beefsack

the authority in beef
Nov 22, 2002
Canberra, Australia
beefsack.blogspot.com
hmm ill have a stab but im certainly gonna have to learn about coding with terrains ie placing buildings and having crops. anyone know of a good place to start learning that kind of stuff? or if its even possible?

Last edited:

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
That's a pretty cool idea actually. It's not exactly what I'm looking for in a project but good luck, it would be nice to see something so unique and original for a change.