TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeaJae

taking a month's break
May 7, 2001
England
www.littleportitservices.co.uk
torpedo'd by spammer :/
Speaking of spam, i'm fininding any game now hard to prgress as all the people who would go medic heavy, pyro or spy is now all soldiers and demomen... Snipers seem unaffected for the lazy.
Walls of grens and rockets.. its like day 1 all over again.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
torpedo'd by spammer :/
Speaking of spam, i'm fininding any game now hard to prgress as all the people who would go medic heavy, pyro or spy is now all soldiers and demomen... Snipers seem unaffected for the lazy.
Walls of grens and rockets.. its like day 1 all over again.

I'm fidning now a nice time to try medic out more seriously. Keeping all the soldiers and demos healthy during this war is a tough fight but it's not that hard to push the enemy front line back with just a single medic countering the spam.

Gotta say i love the chaos of this update so far... can't wait to see what it's like when the update actually lands.

You guys seen the items revealed so far? 2 Demo bits of kit;
http://www.teamfortress.com/demomanupdate/

Sword and shield? T'is different but i likes it. :)

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Holy christ is that thing ever going to make good soldiers OP. I smell a nerf already.

edit: oh wow the Demo update is really going to change how people play it. This is amazing.

Last edited:

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Holy christ is that thing ever going to make good soldiers OP. I smell a nerf already.

edit: oh wow the Demo update is really going to change how people play it. This is amazing.

My understanding is that current soldiers blast other players into the air and then blast the player while in the air. The new rocket launcher can't really launch other players into the air anymore. This is more like a super-huntsman or something :p

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Well ok, it took that long to come up with this? :|
No it took this long to release this... Different thing.

Come to think about it, using the standard issue Flametrower, it will be a thing "for the lol's" constantly ricocheting the new rockets.
Except those rockets fly 80% faster, that's particularly fast and do high damage with a direct hit, jumping infront of them to ricochet them isn't terribly wise and surely precisely what the soldier wants you to do? The chances of you hitting them back with it aren't terribly high, especially considering the lack of splash damage.

Sure some pyros will have some lol's ricocheting these somedays but it's going to be more of a problem when a pyro is fighting a soldier in close to mid range combat. The speed of the rocket could make it near impossible to judge(Let's hope the DH and normal rockets at least look different) and a decent soldier could one shot the pyro with no risk to himself due to little splash damage. It's a pretty good buff to the soldier really.

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Presumably it's the same, or they would've mentioned something.

That 80% faster speed is a big deal. You won't even need splash damage or launching people into the air anymore tbh.

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Got the equalizer, it's a straight up upgrade and insanely fun, though it'll probably get nerfed soon. I got seven kills in a row with it, but I didn't get the achievement; apparently there are a lot of bugs right now.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
Got the equalizer, it's a straight up upgrade and insanely fun, though it'll probably get nerfed soon. I got seven kills in a row with it, but I didn't get the achievement; apparently there are a lot of bugs right now.

The equalizer looks okay but i'd "imagine"(not tried) it's easily countered by a pyro. I did witness a lot of soldiers pointblank firing their DH's into the wall in the spawning areas, two rockets lower their health to red then they swap to the Equalizer.

The crafting system seems to be quite a collosal thing. I'm not going to get the items i actually want out of it as quickly as i would've liked but ah well.

Recipes can be found here, they're pretty generic;
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1071775
Or moer simply put here;
http://forums.f7lans.com/team-fortress/crafting-blueprints-t3196.html
SOCRATEZ said:
3 Primary Weapons = 1 Scrap Metal
3 Secondary Weapons = 1 Scrap Metal
3 Melee Weapons = 1 Scrap Metal
1 Primary + 1 Secondary + 1 Melee = 1 Scrap Metal

3 Scrap Metal = 1 Reclaimed Metal
3 Reclaimed Metal = 1 Refined Metal

4 Weapons of 1 Slot (Primary, Secondary, Melee) = 1 Slot Token
4 Weapons of Same Class (Medic, Pyro) = 1 Class Token

4 Refined Metal + 1 Class Token = 1 Hat of Said Class
3 Refined Metal = 1 Hat (Random)
2 Hats = 1 Random Hat (Unconfirmed at this time)

1 Class Token + 1 Slot Token + 1 Scrap Metal = 1 Class Weapon (Ex: 1 Pyro Token + 1 Secondary Slot Token + 1 Scrap Metal = Flaregun)

I've onyl managed to get the scotch resistance so far but it is pretty good. :)

Last edited:

pine

Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
The equalizer is ridonkulous. So fun. But yeah, already expecting a nerf on that and the Direct Hit.