TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Weapons levels?

Something interesting I just found on browsing another forum. Weapons levels (Don't mind the level of sarcasm in the OP's post)

So I've decided to check it out and open up my inventory box. Nearly every dupes were on the same level, except for the Amb. So yeah. As you can see they didn't change the stats directly on the UI. I'm wondering if this has any difference in game?

Attachments

• weapons1.jpg
    weapons1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 22
  • weapons2.jpg
    weapons2.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I suspect this will have something to do with the trading system to actually make items valuable. They seem to enjoy implementing things one tiny piece at a time. My guess is eventually those levels will effect the stats of a weapon.

Or they could just be screwing with us.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I bet some of that is idling for random drops. ;P

Maybe I should find one of those AFK servers in hope of getting the Bonk or Natasha heh.

Edit: I just got a TF2 Update when launching. Looks like Snipers can carry Razerbacks without a movement penalty now.

Last edited:

Soggy_Popcorn

THE Irish Ninja
Feb 3, 2008
I tend to play one if there are a lot of people and I think I can get away with it. I've got a long way to go before I'm effective at all.

I don't like the Bonk! Atomic Punch. I finally acquired it and tried it out the other night and I guess I just don't see the use for it except for "Skeet, skeet! Time to beat feet!"

The funny thing about Spy is that its probably the most luck-dependent class. If you're the kind of person who constantly get within 3 feet of their back, and suddenly they turn around, then you're probably not too great at spy. :( You can do other sneaky things like screwing with the engies teles though.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
The funny thing about Spy is that its probably the most luck-dependent class. If you're the kind of person who constantly get within 3 feet of their back, and suddenly they turn around, then you're probably not too great at spy. :( You can do other sneaky things like screwing with the engies teles though.

Good spies don't need to depend on luck.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I got the Sand Man yesterday! It's so hard to use though. Just need Natasha now and I'll have every new weapon.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Alpha 5 of ctf_creak is ready for download: http://slainchild.shackspace.com/files/ctf_creak_a5.zip :)

Alpha 5
---------------------------------
+Added sloped roofs and trim to front of bases
+Changed terrain texture on Blu side
+Added a new underwater tunnel route to the mid section rooms from the base side corridors
+Made the middle water pool smaller
+Brightness and bloom of the outdoor lighting reduced
+Detailed Sniper bunker rooms
+Remade the cliffs above the bases
+Various texturing and trim work
+Added a few more arrow signs around the bases pointing to the enemy base
+Raised the ceiling in the long stairwells
+Changed and tweaked some of the spotlights/lightbulbs
+Added missing player clip brushes to steps that needed them
+Changed ramps into steps where needed

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/85f280de.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/216cf42b.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/80394b69.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/167445fe.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/5d5b3478.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/114cb363.jpg[/screenshot]

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Meh I suck with the Scout. Well that's not entirely true... I'm just lazy and cant play him for very long because Scout actually requires effort to play properly.

Like everything else except Pyro and Heavy. :p

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Like everything else except Pyro and Heavy. :p
Well yeah true, But I find Scout requires the most concentration because of how easily he dies and the fact that your aim needs to be on the ball the entire time. Scout = Most Aim dependent class.

Edit: Yes more so then sniper :)

Last edited:

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I reinstalled TF2 yesterday. I havn't played it since I first got it, when the Orange Box was released.

I must admit, I do enjoy it. I've mostly been playing the Sniper, but I found myself playing a Spy yesterday. Man I love the Spy.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
It takes plenty of effort to play any of the classes properly. Yes, the pyro and heavy you can get some points by holding down mouse1 and wandering around, but that's not the best way to play either of them. The scout is less aim dependent and more movement dependent. I tend to keep the crosshair in one place and move the player into my cone of fire through strafing and jumping around, except with the pistol at longer ranges.

EDIT:

I still suck at spy. It seems a lot of good spy players will just try and blend in and then hit targets of opportunity, but I always end up focusing on a particular objective (that annoying heavy, or that damn sentry gun), which seems to make me behave in ways that make me obvious.

Last edited:

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Spy sorta became easy mode with cloak and dagger. Just find a nice spot and wait till a bunch of guys pass you and sack em all.

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
Looking good Slainchild!

I'll upload some of my map screens tonight, those tips about lighting helped! Was using prop textures instead of real ones... and now with a proper light environment overall looks pretty slick. Still have a ton of work to do on the map.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Tbh, I'm a bit of a class drifter.

Been playing a lot of demoman and scout lately, before that it was mainly pyro, and I started out mostly playing medic, soldier and heavy..

May be because I like to "fill out the blanks" in my team. :lol:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
That is essentially where I am, too, Jes. I've still got my favorites, but I'm learning to be effective with other classes.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I still don't understand people always playing the same classes. What I do is try to do my best with each and everyone of them. Especially if our team need one. Basically the best TF2 player isn't he one that played Heavy or soldier 24/7, it's the one who can really make a difference with the other classes as well. IMO.