Need some help with bot pathing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Right now I'm currently trying to redo the bot pathing in EP2, and I need some help on bot pathing. I've started some basic stuff, but I was wondering is someone else with a little more skill could do some stuff for me. You *must* have dm-inf-macedonia and grozny installed as it uses sound and some textures from them (un officially for now, Im gunna try soon to get Old Geezers permission to use them). E-mail me at OpFor@mail.com if you have nothing better to do :) Please!

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
uuh i don't think you need a formal autorization. many maps use his textures. anyway, that's already nice to ask ;)

what's your prolem exactly, i don't really have the time to help you, but i could probably give you some tips

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
In my experience, bot-pathing just doesn't work :)

That said, while playing around with Spooge's Reactor Sector 4, I saw he had used LiftCentres and LiftExits in certain tight spots, rather than path nodes. I thought that would be a nifty tip to pass on (assuming it works).

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
LiftExits and LiftCenters work great. I attached an example screenshot to show how to use them. Just make sure the LiftCenter tag is the same as the two LiftExit tags [in the properties]. You can find the actors in the actor browser under NavigationPoint. Best use for them are tight hallways/doors, but they're also useful for making the bots go over very steep brushes [ladders for instant].

Attachments

• liftpaths.jpg
    liftpaths.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 33

OpFor

Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Cool idea guys! Even though I've been mapping for about 2 years now Im still learning alot of stuff :) Well, I guess I'll try and upload ep2beta then, and let you guys take a looksy-poo.

OpFor

Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Ok, wtf is up with attachments? bah, well e-mail for it, as I don't want anyone to host it yet.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i might add that the lift center/lift exit thing can become a major performance killer if you use it often, try to use pathnodes whenever possible. in fmkasbah i needed to use lots of lift ceners/exits to get the bots moving at all as basicly every place is to narrow for the engine to connect the pathnodes. it ended up with an 30% performance loss so i had to remove the hole bot support (beside some random pathnodes so mutators will work)