reload+weapon key binding problem?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
L

limb0

congratulations on a simply outstanding mod, I cannot believe you managed to do such a comprehensive conversion, it really delivers!

I must be doing something wrong, but not sure what, I clean installed unreal, then updated to 225f and I appear to be having a problem binding the Reload Key and Weapon key in Inf Classic, is this because there is only auto reload in that mode or something?

I am concerned that the weapon key and reload is a different type of bind to the default unreal and serpentine binds.. could they be conflicting, or am I simply clueless, and need to play with it more?

mmm, well i can only say one thing, but I cannot do the MK baritone voice well enough, but here goes:

"OUTSTANDING!"

limb0

W

Warren

the easiest way to bind your keys is to do it from the Infiltration menu. The easiest way to get to this is once in a game, press esc, choose to go to the main menu (which will be the Infil menu) then choose the option to Set Keys. Here you can set the keys you want for each button. To do this manually, I believe it's:
'set input (your key) button bExtra1'
and
'set input (your key) button bExtra2'

The first is to reload I believe and the second is the weapon mode button.

Hope this helps!

O

Overkill

I think that I may have found another problem with Infiltration (sorry!) . In infiltration you have an option in the menu to set a key for Reload . however , if you also have Serpentine8 and decide to use the same key for reloading in both games , one will cancel out the other . I think that this is because in serpentine to set the key for reload you must "set input *key* button bExtra 3 .. whereas in Infiltration the reload function is defined as button bExtra2
anyway , just thought it might be of interest even though it is a small thing.

W

Warren

Yes, and that's something - not really a bug - just something people will have to avoid. It's not like we'd make it so once you bound a key to our game, you would NEVER be able to change it! WAHAHAHAHA! ... we're not THAT hard up! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks though for pointing that out so others don't get all freaked and cry wolf..