Down Time

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
F

[F-U]Ruffrider

Well I found out the problem was coming from having a peice of crap modem n the first place. My tweaking just hurt it more and it finnally gave in and said "screw you, Im giving you lag and PL now."
I ordered a USR Internet Gaming Modem tonight and should have it by friday. Im also looking into isps. I've heard that since im a 56ker, I should go with Mindspring or Earthlink... what are your views on thses providers?
As for playing UT, I wont be playing until I have the new modem installed and running. I feel myself getting rusty already... god like bots aren't anything compared to haveing a bunch of |C| players charge at you.
And for my RA match with gunner. I think a rematch is in call for. Dragon, you and I all know I can play much much better than that if my connection is good. So can we get a rematch?

------------------
AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"
In the words of Boom... "Boom!"

Just because I'm a HPB doesn't mean I can't kick your A$$!

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
If I'm not mistaken, Earthlink actually bought Mindsrping. But anyway, I had Mindspring a year or two ago and I was very happy with them. I got decent pings and played Unreal1 and Halflife with my 56k. Not saying they are good everywhere but in my area I did have good luck with them. Good luck with your new modem.

bullet2.gif

"Set it, and forget it." Ron Popeil, genius inventor

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
i have the mindspring/earthink - USR modem combo and it works very nice.... also try and see if your phone lines are old... that can affect it too....

sorry bout the problems with the cable and all... i was looking forward to your lpbness... :)

bullet2.gif

"nice shot"

Jupe

Jun 14, 2000
New Hampshire, US
Visit site
Earthlink did buy Mindspring (or they merged and decided to keep the Earthlink name).

I've got Earthlink (but still an @mindspring.com email), and a 56k and I get plenty of decent pings. I would recommend them to anyone. I had a lot of local ISP's before them, but they're a lot better.

F

[F-U]Ruffrider

Well than earthlink it is than. I hope this works out for the best, and cobra... when your a lpb meet me playing CTF... I'll be able to handle you :).

bullet2.gif

AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"

F

[F-U]Ruffrider

Will the replace them if they are old??? Or will I have to pay for it and how much does it cost.... my house im in is 15 years old.

bullet2.gif

AKA {ISV-K}Ruffrider
"My House!"