My intro + Nali Weapons II X

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Hi, I don't want to start a new thread just to introduce myself, so I am Feralidragon, a.k.a. {WINGS}xXx in the servers.
Basically I am another active UT99/UT1 (whatever you want to call it) modder in the community for about 1,5 years (the same on mapping, but I don't make many maps), but I only code UScript side, as I don't know how to script in native (but I want to learn some day in the future), but also I do my own models and skins (not the best ones, so most of my work you might find either original or just very weird :lol:).

I am already registered here for a long time, but only now I decided to post something after months of inactivity.
I just did a few mods, like Nali Weapons, XPickups for the recently released UT99.org CMMP2 (mostly coding and FX) and a new Rocket-X (the Venom-X) for my clan, besides other little coding requests (which most where I never did such thing before) where I could learn a lot UScript I know nowadays, but of course, there are still many things I still need to learn there, but I am getting by building some stuff.
Also I want to say that the UT community is still much bigger than it actually seems: there are still a large number of mappers, as some more modders than you actually know for UT1, but we are just still "isolated" from eachothers, and some of these mappers/modders are just starting to learn.

So advise you all, in case you really enjoy and play this game, to browse UT1 sites, clans and communities once a while, since the fall of NaliCity (which I only heard off, but hadn't the chance to see in the time it was up) must not mean the death of such big community.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

X.PNG

About this mod I am showing here, this newest version was released on April this year, the previous versions were released since last year, and a final version will come sooner or later (in the next couple of months).
This mod is mostly designed for Monster Hunt, and there are already some servers running these (not my own, just 1 server for each clan or community, like in {WINGS}, unrealteam.de, killerbee's palace, etc), and that's why I keep releasing new faster and more stable versions. The big downside is the filesize, but I can't do anything about that.

And before you ask: "Why the hell is this mod called Nali Weapons anyway?" Let me just say that this mod wasn't supposed to be a mutiplayer mod at the start, it was and still will be for a Single Player project of mine, that I might or not finish LOL
So no, it wasn't a random name I found, it has that name for my own reasons.

Also, before someone starts to say that some weapons are too overkill or something, the big nuclear weapons are just like bonus weapons I just wanted to add, and they aren't meant to use in normal maps, still they can be used safelly in any server, and they are being used for some servers without any stability issues.

For the ones who are still wondering, here's:
- The trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo1HoD5u3es
- The nuclear explosions video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFC6v8Fa2sM
- And the official website with everything you need to know: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/

The trailer is a bit outdated, since the fire weapon suffered some changes in the second mode and also in the flames effects as seen in the picture below.
Also the newest weapon isn't shown there.
So you can also see screenshots in moddb.com, here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-ii

And finally, the downloads:
Nali Weapons II X version (Client):http://wwwnew.filefront.com/13541115/NaliWeaponsIIX.rar/

Nali Weapons II X configured inis for MH (to work properlly with UTJMH v2.9):http://wwwnew.filefront.com/13547429/MHServerSettingsX.rar/

Enjoy, and don't have any problems on giving any kind of criticism, since afterall, was with help of criticism this mod got more stable and enjoyable to play. ;)

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
.uz is UnrealZip. Typically, this file type is only of interest to server admins who allow players to download packages that they are missing from a "redirect" server. UnrealZip files are compressed so they are smaller and take less time to send than the uncompressed packages.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
I just added the UZ files to give full server side support, otherwise most admins wouldn't add this pack to their servers due to its big size (around 80Mb).

Of course, clients, or better yet, normal players will only have to download the client version to play with the pack, and the custom inis in case you play MH with UTJMH2.9 enabled.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
It doesn't matter if I install the .uz version instead of the normal one?

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
It doesn't matter if I install the .uz version instead of the normal one?
Well, to avoid further confusion, I took off the UZ link, so if someone wants it, PM me or go to the website.
UZ files are just the normal files compressed in the UT format, so they can be used in redirect servers. So in case you join a server with these and you don't have the mod installed, instead of downloading the 80Mb of the real thing, you will only download 40Mb or less, and then your system uncompress temporary the files so they can be used by the client side UT.
So you have to download the "normal" version only in order to play with them.
And the configuration files are just for people who want to try these in MH with UTJMHv2.9 activated.

your sig is very long :(
Is it good now? :confused:

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
It's not working. It redirects to mediafire with all of mediafire's common error BS.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
It's not working. It redirects to mediafire with all of mediafire's common error BS.
Well, I just tried the links and they work perfectly. FileFront changed their layout, so maybe you're making some sort of confusion, or your connection or browser are forcing a media fire redirect.

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
This is getting old fast. Everytime I get halfway or more I lose my connection.

Now that I've been thwarted a couple of times and my winzip trial has expired, any good freeware that can open rar files...?

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
you could try an older version of WinZip that doesn't expire and not work anymore. Some older versions of WinRAR keep working also, but I'm not sure about the newer versions.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
you could try an older version of WinZip that doesn't expire and not work anymore. Some older versions of WinRAR keep working also, but I'm not sure about the newer versions.
The last WinRar I downloaded (a few months ago) didn't expire. The only things that expire are some WinRar features, but you still can compress and decompress any supported file.
At least I always used WinRar, and never gave any sort of trouble lol :)

Ghoulz

Feb 7, 2009
Gotta be the nicest looking weapon mod for UT without a doubt. They look good enough to be for the newer UTs. Really runs slow on my system though.

I don't know why it's mainly for monster hunt. The gravity gun kills titans instantly.....

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008

About slowdowns, most people don't have slowdowns with this mod by using its default settings, but it can indeed happen in lower end systems.
Also, when loading for the first time this mod in UT, the loading time takes a bit, since it has to load 80Mb integrated in a single package, but once in game, you are able to run it smoothly.

If so, for best performance you have to go the the mod settings and tweak some of them: http://www.feralidragon.ut99.org/index.php?page=Set

The settings for the best performance you can get with this mod are:

Client Settings
Be sure the distance detail settings are in the minimum.

Pickups Settings
Disable everything.

Miscelaneous Settings
Disable the following:
- Enable Flame Tracker burning flames
- Enable Corpse/Pawn Overlayer Effects
- Enable Modifier Chargers
- Enable Weapon Chargers
- Enable Pickup Chargers
- Enable Charger Lights
- Enable Weapons Dynamic Light
- Enable Ammo Dynamic Light
- Enable Pickups Dynamic Light
- Enable Chargers Dynamic Light

With those disabled, you should have max performance with these.

Also, I said these weapons are more suited to Monster Hunt, because they are used mainlly in that gametype (people like them mostly there), and also since I gave extra MH support. Any regular monster can be killed with the Graviton at first shot, but you have to consider that on the server those kind of monsters are severelly tweaked in their Health, plus the Graviton uses 1/3 of its max ammo to launch that vortex, and its range is very low (which you can notice in case you play against bots).

Also, about the looking, while you say that, I am not convinced with my own work, and in the final version I want to enhance at least the skins and some fire effects, but of course, performance wise.