Infiltrationy Goodness

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

Tarkuss

Wow! Nice new models, both the first and second batches. I can never have too many guns in my FPS games /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Just one question though, and it's not directly related to Infiltration, but it is sort of, so I'll ask it here in case anyone here follows the Unreal/UT news more closely than I do (probably this is the case).

Does anyone know if someone who has both Unreal and UT will be able to play through the Unreal SP levels using UT mods and such? The reason I am asking is because one of my favorite things to do in Unreal is to start up a single-player level, summon up a nice selection of modern, real-world weapons, and play through the level using those instead of the standard Unreal guns. I used to do this with Serpentine guns, and now I use the Infiltration weapons. I was just wondering if I could continue to do this with all the cool new Infil guns coming out.

Thanks for any info,

Tarkuss!

W

Warren

More than likely no- it's a lot of fun to do, I hear that! But UT does model textures and code in a different way altogether. Someone will have to make some singleplayer levels in UT..

T

Tarkuss

Textures are different? That's interesting, because I am able to use UT textures in Unreal. I copied the Egypt.utx texture file from the UT demo to my Unreal textures folder, fired up UnrealEd, loaded that texture, and made a simple pyramid level. It played in Unreal with no problems.

Now, code is certainly something different, considering how compiled mods were incompatible even between different versions of Unreal. On the other hand, I have read that Epic will be releasing one last patch for Unreal with UT stuff (no UT content of course) so that may be compatible with UT.

Oh well...

Tarkuss!

W

Warren

Heh- what I meant was, the models use a 512x512 texture split up four ways- which basically comes down to the code. If that last patch changes this for Unreal as well, then it's possible.. besides any other features of course..

R

RaekwoN

All the file formats are the same, textures, sound and music, only thing is that the textures are bigger in some cases.

For example the player skins in UT consist of 4 seperate skins each being 256x256 rather than the old Unreal player skins which are a single pic at 128x128.

So you can use the textures sounds and music from UT in Unreal, with no problems whatsoever. Know I will be...

RaekwoN out.

B

Billdog

One of the Unreal engins features is that you can use 8 different 256 textures on the same model. The reason it were newer used... (guess now, answer later).

The only hard thing about porting the SP and MP parts of Unreal (if we exchange players and pickups with UT content) would be the monsters.
Despite the OO style of Unreal, the example with Na Pali and the corporate ideology/climate of this millennium, a unified Unreal isn't likely.
It would be a great thing if all the Unreal titles eventually ended up in a single pack where you could build marvels out of an amazing amount of quality prefabs. Just a dream.

If you guessed on FPS you got it right.