CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Up to level 55 now.
Nice range of classes to use and abuse ;)

P90 + Dragunov, overkill, frag and deadly silence
Silenced P90 + golden Deagle, 3 frag, silence and uav jammer
Dragunov + deagle, iron lungs, sleight of hand and badolier
M60 optical sights, Silence USP, 3 frag, stopping power and martyrdom

Their the only ones I really use, varying map to map.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I change my classes all the time.

I really like one of my current ones, don't think I've written it;

G36C assault rifle with red dot sight and digital camouflagde

Gold deagle handgun

===

cod4-perk-band.jpg

===

cod4-perk-tap.jpg

===

cod4-perk-steadyaim.jpg

===

I always thought the third perks were kinda meh, the second perks are the most important and changing. First perks are good, but I almost always take bandolier, unless I have an LMG, then I pick bomb squad or 3xfrag.

I'm so trendy, using icons and all by the way :D

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
The weapons you can get in gold kinda suck. I favor M4 and G36C over AK47, R700 over Dragunov. It's cool with the Skorpion and shotguns though. And deagle of course, but that doesn't really count :p

Actually, the Mini-Uzi is the gun that can be gold, but it sucks too much to be ever used. :p

I switched from silenced P90 to silenced Skorpion btw. I find the iron sight of the P90 is hard to use as it completely surrounds that you're aiming at, while the Skorpion only covers the bottom half.

For those interested in a weapon analysis, check out what my clanmate wrote: http://www.clanblitz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1226

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I've completed all Expert challenges for the Assault rifles. I'm working on the LMGs atm, only the M60 left.
After that, I'll finish the M1014 shotgun and then three of the SMGs that I haven't done yet.
I'll do the snipers last, because I have the most left to do there.

For those who don't know, the golden weapons are: AK-47, Mini Uzi, M60, M1014 and Dragunov. :)

hal said:
The idea of a gold weapon is pretty cool and I've got the gold deagle, but once I realized it stands out like a flashing beacon, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'll get them and never use them.

I disagree. They don't stand out at all, imo. I don't find it easier to fight people with golden weapons.
I use my golden AK-47 all the time, as well as the golden DE and I don't get killed more because of that... :hmm:

And finally, my very own golden AK-47. I haven't resized the pic, so it's 1680x1050. :p

Attachments

• shot0315.jpg
    shot0315.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I wouldn't say you're too much easier to see with a golden weapon but your easier to pick out of a crowd which might make more people shoot at you. I want a golden knife :] As far as upgrading my perks as a level up, I'll probably stick with the ones I've used since the beginning but change the first to bandolier once I get it. Currently, 3xSpecial Grenades (flash), Stopping Power, and the one that makes you run farther.

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I'm cheap. I got my marksman II (I only have one) on a 24/7 shipment server. :p

I am using mostly the saw right now. Its great not having to reload a lot and it mows people down. I also love the skorp.

Last edited:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Im still waiting for my 4th controller(damn you ebay) but at least my 360's been repaired and cod4 free for all with three players is a blast!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Silenced P90 + golden Deagle, 3 frag, silence and uav jammer

If you're going to go to the trouble to use a silenced primary weapon, silence, and UAV jammer, why not use a silenced M1911 instead of the noisy Desert Eagle?

I disagree. They don't stand out at all, imo. I don't find it easier to fight people with golden weapons.

Say what you will, but on more than one occasion, the first thing I've spotted on a camouflaged person crouching or lying prone and hidden has been their golden weapon. :D

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Say what you will, but on more than one occasion, the first thing I've spotted on a camouflaged person crouching or lying prone and hidden has been their golden weapon. :D

I can agree with that, though I've never seen it myself. Usually, people aren't stupid enough to try to hide with a golden weapon in hand. :p

Me? I run around like crazy. My playstyle is normally very aggressive, with the occasional camping respawning enemies. :eek:
If I go stealth, I use the M4 and if I go sniper, I use the M21. None of those have gold camo.
Besides, if I'm using a golden weapon, I'd want it to be the last thing my enemies see flashing before their eyes as they die. :D

Btw, I just unlocked the gold camo for the M60, though I must say I prefer the RPD.
While I intend to complete all Expert challenges and unlock all gold camos, I'll probably only use the gold camo for the AK-47.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I finally got the P90. The scope seems kind of useless though. Going to try the RPD next after I get the P90 all loaded.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I am using mostly the saw right now. Its great not having to reload a lot and it mows people down.

Ew.

Suppressive fire-type weapons are ok for long bursts, sure, but they take so damn long to reload. Gotta' watch it and not run dry in the middle of a little firefight.

duck und cover for 10 freakin' seconds! while getting rained on!

You can take out your sidearm but the automatic will still need reloading soon.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I just use the RPD LMG. It takes time to reload aswell, and has less bullets than the SAW, but it has way higher damage, is more precise and it's cool.

I usually never get to reload, since I either get killed, or I just throw away the LMG and pickup a random carbine or something.

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Imo you're best off reloading before you completely run out of ammo. With a special bind, you can even cancel your reloading quickly so you can fire those last rounds into a suddenly appearing enemy.

Bind: "weapnext; wait 2; weapnext"

To bind inside the game: /bind h "weapnext; wait 2; weapnext"

Or just go to "C:\Program Files\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<playername>" and modify config_mp.cfg

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I agree... RPD is awesome. It's also good fun with Deep Impact on maps like Vacant where you can shoot your cowering opponent through the walls. :D

I use Grip, Stopping Power and Steady Aim with my RPD. It's more accurate than some of the assault rifles.
Instead of shooting through walls, I make them cower by just knowing that I'm around. :D