movement replication question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlackHornet

Global Warzone Project Leader
Apr 24, 2002
Aachen - Germany
www.hornet-maps.de
I have a question in the function ReplicateMove.

in my case i want the player to grab edges and heave himself up.
In Singleplayer it works without any problems, but in multiplayer the player stucts and jiggles up and down when i try to climb up.

i set the acceleration for ReplicateMove to aForward*normal(vect(0,0,1)) and the Pawn.Velocity to Vect(0,0,150)

maybe theres are some mistakes

a volume like ladders i dont want to use, so the player can grab every edge and the mapper dont have to declare an edge "grabable".

greets
BlackHornet

BlackHornet

Global Warzone Project Leader
Apr 24, 2002
Aachen - Germany
www.hornet-maps.de
additional i have to say, the climbing end check (trace if i reached top) is placed in the playertick inside the playerwallclimbing state....... maybe i place the check inside the PlayerMove function. but im not sure

Payback

Ive got a big stick
Nov 21, 2002
ahl.action-web.net
Im currently working on the same function. If you look in the thread "climbing up the walls" ( http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=112550 ) you can see I've implemented a climb function based off of the player spidering code. If you go into that state it will push you up the wall until you reach the top. You'll also see the two bugs I've got.

I'd be interested to see the code behind your function as you may have a solution to my issues in there, or just another way round it.