Ladders?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheMadMonk

Mapper
Apr 2, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Anyone know if ladders are comming for Beta 2.8? Like the ones in TacOps and SF?

I knwo you can build ladders other ways...but they are quite hight limited and bots just blow when trying to navigate them...

Anyone know? Making real like maps with out ladders in near impossible for me.

TheMadMonk

Romilar_D

Feb 10, 2000
www.paradynamic.com
Ladders

SF just uses invisible staircase method which does not work very well (walking down causes player to walk off the staircase). I have not checked to see how TO implements ladders. A zone based alternative is to use a nitrogen zone. This gives better player control than a gravity zone and doesnt have the splash sound, swimming effect, or cloudiness of a water zone but in the end is not as reliable as geometry based ladders. I hope Beppo can provide a little scripting magic to give mappers a 'real' ladder class in a future release of Infiltration. Bot support for this type of ladder is probably impossible with the UT engine.

camper.gif

It takes a minute to pray, but only a second to die