Experience my pain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SpiritWalker

Tattooed Beat Messiah / Prime Mover
Feb 20, 2002
NC
webpages.charter.net
With Btl's tech support thread.. I had to throw this in..

OK the new job is rather kicka$$... I handle security/abuse scans and things like that for the local division of a rather large ISP. That is the "meat" of the job.. but the department that I am in also handles email queestions/complaints/comments.
Here is a small sample of what I went through today..

Mind you.. the following has had names and companies removed

also

These were emailed to me.

Name: XXXXXXXX ,
Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXk.net Message: My Bill should be paid up now but my email still isn't working. Imailed one payment in last week and then paid the second one online. Thanks

MR DEMANDED CREDIT FOR
ONGOING SERV PROBLEM. REMINDED MR THAT
THE LAST REPORTED SERV PROBLEM WAS 12/14
-12/15, NOTHING BETWEEN THAT & WHEN HE
EXCHG'D EQ IN SEPT'03. MR SAYS THAT DOES
NOT MATTER,HE PAYS FOR SERV THAT HE
DOES NOT CONSIDER RELIABLE, SINCE IT
GOES OUT EVERY 1 1/2 YRS.

XXXXXXX@msn.com VCR Could someone tell us what the problem is with the VCR? VCR will not let us record timed programs. If you just press record, it will record, but not the timed ones. Your assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.

I have more to come. If interested.

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
SpiritWalker said:
XXXXXXX@msn.com VCR Could someone tell us what the problem is with the VCR? VCR will not let us record timed programs. If you just press record, it will record, but not the timed ones. Your assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.

Haha! Made my day :)

Last edited:

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
..anyone who works with the public is going to see their fair share of morons, that`s for sure.
I love the 'ever sence' people....ever sence you changed my oil, my tail lights stopped working....ever sence you did the tune-up, the car started pulling to the right....etc. :rolleyes:

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I don't understand the problem with this one:
Name: XXXXXXXX ,
Email: XXXXXXXXXXXXk.net Message: My Bill should be paid up now but my email still isn't working. Imailed one payment in last week and then paid the second one online. Thanks

If he/she/it snail mailed the first payment, then got online and made a second payment to get things caught up, then it sounds like he should be good to go. Sounds like there is more to the story. Is it just the email that's not working? Was his email account removed and he didn't create another account after things got caught up?