the skew brush in UnrealEd 2.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Antec

Aug 30, 2004
I have a question,

In Unreal Ed 1.0 was a skew brush button. I cannot find it in UnrealEd 2.0. Can anyone tell me where I can find it or how to change the shape of a brush like the skew-button do?

Antec

What's a 'skew brush' button? We need to know first what that is...

...oh, wait a minute! Do you mean the free manual brush stretching tool? Well rather than doing that, it's easier select a vertex then pull it any direction you want by holding [alt+drag]. Everyone should already know that... unless you already do...

Antec

Aug 30, 2004
I read in Wolfs UnrealEd tutorial about the skew-brush button. It seems a good tool, but couldn’t find it in UnrealEd 2.0. I think that using the skew brush is easier than vertex editing, but I have no experience. I am still working on my first map so….

Thanks for the answer.
Antec

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I drag one vertex, then I can't drag another, or at least not the one I want to. I just want to make a simple wedge ffs!

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Go into vertex edit mode, you can select multiple vertecies using Ctrl+Alt+Drag and then move the vertecies using Ctrl+Drag like normal brush move.
I never found a use for "face drag" mode or anything like that, I bet I can make any shape out of cubes and vertex editing in half the time.

Vertex edit mode? How do you go there? I've tried dragging multiple vertices but only one can be selected. (This question is in UT '99)

I made a mess of my map after trying the key combinations. The textures on the nearby walls got over-stretched and over-written.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
There's a button, along with the rotate texture/rotate object/camera mode buttons at the top of the left toolbar

Last edited:

=Angel=

Jan 25, 2006
I have one question about UnrealED 2.0!

How can I make pleyer controled objects as a cars, spaceships, turrets? Is it posible?

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
A vertex edit if 2 vertex is very easy, put the grid a 1 and it will be easy to drag them around.

Good luck with the player controled objects, you might as well go buy ut04 at that point.