JB-ScorchedEarth

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Conversion of the DOM map. Good way to learn the new features of UEd 3.
I had to make some changes. I have duplicated the central building so that there's a starting zone specific to each team. In these buildings I duplicated the teleporters (there was too much telefragging).

JB-ScorchedEarth-beta

(Thx CD for your patience in helping me with the loading screen ;) )

Last edited:

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
  • Correct the spelling error of the music name in the Level Properties > Audio section. Epic made the spelling error in UT2003 and then didnt correct it for UT2004 :rolleyes:
  • Please ensure that all weapon bases have the correct skin texture. Do this by empyting the Display > Skins array of every weapon base.
  • In my opinion the loading screen isnt taken from the best place. A nice view of the middle would be better. Also, try and make the horizontal line effect, and make the UT2004 logo be on top of the character. You may want to consider moving it so that less covers the character too.
  • The static mesh above each of the jail exits has an invisible side when you look at it from underneath. Maybe turn it upside down or do something else to hide this invisible surface.
  • Maybe a secondary route over the middle? My suggestion would be a jump-pad from one spawn-base to the other.
  • Could you ensure that the lifts either side of the switch have a sound that plays when they move.
  • Bots are stupid. Whenever you try shield-fighting them they run straight into the saws. I think this could be solved by some pathnodes in the jail. I dont know if you have any in there (i.e. only PlayerStarts), so try putting a few in if you havent already. If you have already got some... nevermind. Bots are stupid :)
Good start :)

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
About the saw not working online - if you did what I suggested, you need to use a NetworkEmitter, or perhaps the JB specific one that worbmo did (JBClientEmitterTriggerable maybe). If you are using a constantly rotating mover, you need to use a ClientMover.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
ZedMaestro said:
  • Please ensure that all weapon bases have the correct skin texture. Do this by empyting the Display > Skins array of every weapon base.

• Is this something that ALWAYS has to be done when converting a UT2003 map to UT2004? Are there any other things too?

Could someone upload a few screenshots please? I think this calls for a news post... :)

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
tarquin said:
Is this something that ALWAYS has to be done when converting a UT2003 map to UT2004?
This process has to be done for every UT2004 weapon base placed, even those which are duplicated from corrected ones, regardless if its a UT2003 conversion or a brand new UT2004 map.

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
JB-ScorchedEarth-beta2
  • Music : done.
  • Weapon bases : done.
  • Loading screen : done.
  • Static meshes in jail : done.
  • Moving sounds for lifts : they already have.
  • Hammer fights : that's better (not 100% fixed though).
  • Saws online : fixed.

Which size do you want your screenies Tarquin ?

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Nice! Is the middle one inside the jail? What are those blood-covered cogs?
I'll post this Saturday or Sunday along with a lockdown reminder -- just remembered I have something from Zed to post too, that won't keep...

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
  • Weapon bases still have incorrect skin. Check the rocket launcher and flak cannon pickups on the top. I didnt check the arena though...
  • The horizontal line effect is hardly noticeable... any chance of making it more apparent? Also, anti-aliasing is definitely needed, as you can see from the edges of static meshes. Enable AA, take pic, redo everything, turn off AA.

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
tarquin said:
Is the middle one inside the jail?
Yes. And the one on the right is the arena.

What are those blood-covered cogs?
Jail doors.

ZedMaestro said:
Weapon bases still have incorrect skin.
If I'm not wrong they all have the same skin now. Is it the bad one?

The horizontal line effect is hardly noticeable...
I'm not a pro at Photoshop. But CD is really happy to help me ;)

ZedMaestro

Useless
May 18, 2003
Dorset, England
Visit site
Yes, all the weapon bases have the wrong skin texture.
When you start up Ued3, by default the texture browser appears too. weaponBaseTEX in the 2k4Chargers is the correct skin texture, but you can make your job simpler by:
  • Right-Clicking one weapon base
  • Hover over Select
  • Click Select all xWeaponBase
  • Right-Click a selected weapon base
  • Click xWeaponBase Properties (10 Selected)
  • Expand Display
  • Expand Skins
  • For the two entries there, click the input box.
  • Click the button labelled Clear which should appear on the right of the input box.
Once you've cleared the entries, you'll instantly see that the weapon base has the correct skin.

Attachments

• WeaponBase.JPG
    WeaponBase.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 26
  • WeaponBaseProperties.JPG
    WeaponBaseProperties.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 32