help just upgraded to win2k

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pitfighter

Jun 20, 2001
Visit site
I know but........

I know this is a silly question but I've just spent nearly an hour trying to figure out how to change the role of my computer. On 98 I just clicked on properties and changed from desktop to network server.
I wouldn't ask only I gotta give some dude a game shortly and I don't want to do it with a high ping. I don't think he would tell me till after our game because there's a bet riding on the match.

I know I shouldn't be asking here

someone please quickly help

Last edited:

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I hope this is what u mean, ur question was a bit fuzzy :)

U cant just switch a W2K machine, U have 2 versions (3 acually) W2K Professional, W2K Server, and W2K Advanced Server. So if u have the Professional version, no way u gonna get it to be server...

pitfighter

Jun 20, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by _Zd_MEELOBEE_
I hope this is what u mean, ur question was a bit fuzzy :)

U cant just switch a W2K machine, U have 2 versions (3 acually) W2K Professional, W2K Server, and W2K Advanced Server. So if u have the Professional version, no way u gonna get it to be server...

I have got professional.

well thanks, that explains why I wasn't able to find it.

any quick tips on how to change and which one should I changed to for online gaming

Thanks once again for your time as I know I shouldn't be asking this here.

(I've been making excuses to delay the match. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.