UT noob needs help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Originally posted by Wazzoo
i jump and move all the time and am good at single player experianced leves.
I can beat a Godlike bot almost everytime, but I get destroyed frequently online, even when I have a serious ping advantage

Wazzoo

Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
thanks for all the replies and thank for the truffels.....i think.

going to cheek out the links and mayby ill be able o kick some ass for a change

thanks again

sig_gif.gif

Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
Beating godlike bots will not measure up to what you can expect when you play real people on line. Trust me on this one. You need to now start playing real people and you won't imagine how much more fun and more challenging this game can be. I hope you have lots of time to burn because this is addictive.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Originally posted by Ice Lord

you sure?

1-i know some ppl that are dumber then dirt...

2-if someone has more lag then you they are screwed

3-what if you messed with the .ini files so that it binds the "see your ping" key?

4- and finally the link,what of the site moves?

:) that was fun,got to do this more often on my free time!

If you changed the .ini files to alter the keys, I doubt you'd be asking which key displays it. Unreality wouldn't shut down Cleaner's FAQ, it still gets mega-hits per day. I doubt Cleaner (The Tetris L) would move it either, he seems perfectly happy to leave it there as it is.

Finally:
/me smacks you for being a smartass. ;)

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by hal

If you changed the .ini files to alter the keys, I doubt you'd be asking which key displays it. Unreality wouldn't shut down Cleaner's FAQ, it still gets mega-hits per day. I doubt Cleaner (The Tetris L) would move it either, he seems perfectly happy to leave it there as it is.

Finally:
/me smacks you for being a smartass. ;)

1.read #1,they probebly would be so stupid that they would ask anyways

2.wha? cleaner's FAQ? ok...

3. ok,so your saying a tetris L has it's own FAQ...right.....

are you trying to say a tetris block is so good it actully gets it's own FAQ?!

4. *feels no pain* :p

T

Terminal {DTH}

youve got Waaaaay to much free time on your hands to judge by this thred icelord. :rolleyes: :stick: :p ;)

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
Originally posted by Wazzoo
like a few quike shots and im dead ...while i may shoot an other person lot and lots but they dont die......i jump and move all the time and am good at single player experianced leves.

Could it be that they are wearing armour+thigh pads and you're not? And could it be because they are using better weapons than you? In any case, practice the single player first and get to grips with the weapons and maps. Play against Skilled or Adept bots, you can actually learn a thing or two by watching the bots play.

Don't get frustrated when getting owned when playing online. You are up against people who has been playing this game for a whole year or two. Obviously they would be better than you. Find a server with more n00bs than l33t player, you'll be fine.

Hope this helps.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Re: Re: UT noob needs help

Originally posted by Kray

Could it be that they are wearing armour+thigh pads and you're not? And could it be because they are using better weapons than you? In any case, practice the single player first and get to grips with the weapons and maps. Play against Skilled or Adept bots, you can actually learn a thing or two by watching the bots play.

Don't get frustrated when getting owned when playing online. You are up against people who has been playing this game for a whole year or two. Obviously they would be better than you. Find a server with more n00bs than l33t player, you'll be fine.

Hope this helps.

you forgot to mention they have no life :D they play 24/7,so it's a year or 2 straight :D