God bless American "Job Creators"!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWnB9FGmWE[/M]
Mitt Romney. Was he a job creator or a corporate raider?

That's the question this film answers.

And it's not pretty.

Mitt Romney was not a capitalist during his reign at Bain. He was a predatory corporate raider. His firm didn't seek to create value. Instead, like a scavenger, Romney looked for businesses he could pick apart. Indeed, he represented the worst possible kind of predator, operating within the law but well outside the bounds of what most real capitalists consider ethical.

He is exhibit number one the left wants to use in the coming election to give capitalism a bad name.

He and his friends at Bain were bad guys. Any real capitalists should disavow Romney's 'creative destruction' model that made him wealthy at the expense of thousands of American jobs.

Mitt Romney and his cronies pioneered 'deindustrialization,' a process by which they searched out vulnerable companies, took them over, loaded them with debt, and collected obscene fees while doing so. He sent jobs overseas or killed them altogether, and then picked apart the remains - including pension funds - before the companies went bankrupt.

Some might call that the free market. Most of us think its just plain wrong.

If you wonder why America has lost so many manufacturing jobs overseas, look no further than Mitt Romney -- the King of Bain.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Adding comments has been disabled for this video.

P.S. This video was made by Winning For Our Future, an organization devoted to seeing Newt Gingrich as the Republican nominee.

http://www.winningourfuture.com/

Newt Gingrich has a slimy history in politics.

P.P.S. You don't understand America.

P.P.P.S. Here is a piece of poop that counters the video (and, yes, the video is based on information from months ago)
http://americaneedsmitt.com/blog/2011/06/17/romney-fact-checker-dissects-politico-lies/

By the way, Bain Capital took over hundreds of companies and the video mentions.... four.

Benfica

European Redneck
Feb 6, 2006

P.S. This video was made by Winning For Our Future, an organization devoted to seeing Newt Gingrich as the Republican nominee.

http://www.winningourfuture.com/

Newt Gingrich has a slimy history in politics.
I know that you are good at distractions and fallacies, so I don't get how the above is the best you manage to come up with :p. Much harder is to disprove the accusations in the video
P.P.S. You don't understand America.
I admit, I have an hard time understanding how the same country managed to accomplish what it did during Clinton days (or even under Reagan) and now is going downhill

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I know that you are good at distractions and fallacies, so I don't get how the above is the best you manage to come up with :p. Much harder is to disprove the accusations in the video
Why do I need to "disprove" them? I don't doubt those people believed they happened at all.

However, you're talking about four companies that Bain Capital acquired or heavily invested in. Do you know how many companies Bain Capital acquires or heavily invests in? Yes, hundreds. You might even recognize some of the companies they have invested in: Dominos, AMC Entertainment, Burger King, Toys R Us, The Weather Channel, Sports Authority, Dunkin Donuts, LinkedIn, Burlington Coat Factory, Staples.....

How bad are these companies doing? How many people have they fired because of Bain Capital's influence? If anything, Bain Capital did and continues to bolster American industry. It doesn't really matter if they failed to be successful in a few cases. (It's probably also important to note that at least one of the companies mentioned in video went bankrupt and closed AFTER Mitt Romney left the company)
I admit, I have an hard time understanding how the same country managed to accomplish what it did during Clinton days (or even under Reagan) and now is going downhill
What exactly did "the country" accomplish during the "Clinton days"?

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
cartoon-mitt-romney-both-sides-mouth.gif

american companies outsource cos it's cheaper.

Chinese, Saudi, most Euro and UK, Russian, Japanese etc don't and it seems to be working out just fine for them, at least in a manner of having some face and dignity even when things are going badly.

america, much like any thief who gets caught in the act, is getting it's collective ass handed to it and all we're doing is arguing over who's fault it is, while the guilty are still laughing all the way to the bank.

btw: "This film focuses on four of them." - the film, first couple of minutes.

and during Clinton we went from a deficit to a surplus and one parent working full time was good enough to support a family of 4, even when my sister and I were grocery devouring teenagers. ...and Mtv still played music videos occasionally.

...then suddenly stuff started going wrong just in time to drive young people into the military... just before all those silly little never ending wars broke out. funny how that all worked out, almost like it was planned.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
LOL... this is so wrong...
Chinese, Saudi, most Euro and UK, Russian, Japanese etc don't and it seems to be working out just fine for them, at least in a manner of having some face and dignity even when things are going badly.
Why would China outsource? They have tons of cheap labor inside their own country. Plenty of Euro and UK companies outsource, especially electronics companies, because it's cheaper to import manufactured products than the parts to manufacture products.
btw: "This film focuses on four of them." - the film, first couple of minutes.
Like I said, this is based on a Politico article from last June that has already been debunked quite handily. Also like I said, Bain Capital invests in hundreds of companies. Four of them going bankrupt and people losing their jobs because of it can hardly be blamed on a company that has single-handedly kept thousands of other people, who would otherwise have lost their jobs, employed.
and during Clinton we went from a deficit to a surplus and one parent working full time was good enough to support a family of 4, even when my sister and I were grocery devouring teenagers. ...and Mtv still played music videos occasionally.
Clinton never had a surplus. Also, one parent working full time can support a family of four just fine, if they don't need to live in a mansion and don't eat fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day (of course, this depends on where you decide to live, but that was just as true 15 years ago).

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Also, one parent working full time can support a family of four just fine, if they don't need to live in a mansion and don't eat fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day (of course, this depends on where you decide to live, but that was just as true 15 years ago).

Bingo motherfucker

/me hears story about family of 4 having a hard time. /me volunteers to help them. /me sees they have a 60 inch flat screen, 2 ipads, and smart phones for all the children. /me tells them to fuck off.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Also, one parent working full time can support a family of four just fine, if they don't need to live in a mansion and don't eat fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day (of course, this depends on where you decide to live, but that was just as true 15 years ago).

How dare you tell me I can't live like the Kardashians! I want to try and live $50K above my means and then wonder why I can't! It's not fair!
:rolleyes::D