Borderlands 2 Announced!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
And a triumphant howl rose up from the crowd! Borderlands 2 has finally been announced, and I am already DYING for it! The announcement showed up on a GameInformer promo site for an upcoming article revealing the game (thanks, Mozi) just before the press release dropped into my inbox. The game is set to release sometime between 4/1/2012 and 3/31/2013. I'm hoping it's closer to the former than the latter, myself.

Among other things, the game will include new player classes, new weapons, new environments to explore, and more. More of the game will be shown off at Gamescom and PAX Prime later this month. Personally, I am REALLY looking forward to more information and the game's release!

Press Release in the comment thread.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
2K Games and Gearbox Software Announce Borderlands™ 2 in Development

Fans can get their first glimpse of the bold evolution of the Role-Playing Shooter at Gamescom and PAX Prime 2011 this month

New York, NY – August 3, 2011 – 2K Games and Gearbox Software announced today that the sequel to the extravasplosive breakout hit, Borderlands™, is currently in development at world-renowned developer Gearbox Software. Coming to the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC during Take-Two’s fiscal year 2013 beginning on April 1, 2012, Borderlands 2 is the epic sequel to the ultimate four-player Role-Playing Shooter loot fest. Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all-new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story. Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora.

2K Games and Gearbox Software are taking this show on the road, and fans and media will be able to get their first look at the game at Gamescom 2011 from August 17 – August 21, and at PAX Prime (Booth #3417) from August 26 – August 28. Eager gamers can learn more about Borderlands 2 right now by picking up the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine, which has the worldwide exclusive cover story on the title. Readers will find many game details inside the issue, including the first reveal of one of the several new character classes being introduced in Borderlands 2.

About Borderlands

Taking the gaming world by storm, Borderlands delivered its unique flavor of humorous and lovable characters and addictive non-stop collaborative loot-hunting gameplay on an unsuspecting populace. The critically acclaimed and best-selling Role-Playing-Shooter, as well as its four downloadable expansion packs, captured the imagination and attention of single-player and cooperative gamers around the world.

Borderlands 2 is not yet rated by the ESRB. For more information on Borderlands 2 please visit www.borderlandsthegame.com.

2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

About Take-Two Interactive Software

Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStation®3 system and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™, Nintendo DS™, iPhone®, iPod® touch and iPad®. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com.

About Gearbox Software

Gearbox Software is respected industry wide for the award winning, best-selling original and licensed video games they have developed for major video game platforms. Founded in 1999 and located near Dallas, TX, Gearbox Software is well known for the creation, development and management of its original blockbuster video game franchises including the best-selling new property of 2009, Borderlands and its record setting downloadable content, Duke Nukem, including Duke Nukem Forever, the most anticipated title in video game history, and the critically acclaimed, award winning Brothers in Arms series of games. The company has also developed licensed video games for many of the industry’s top franchises including Halo, Half-Life, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, 007 James Bond, Aliens and others. Gearbox Software’s success has been enabled and supported through several key mutually beneficial business relationships with strong publishing partners including Activision, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft Entertainment, Microsoft Games Studios, Sega, and Take-Two/2K Games.

"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Microsoft, Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.

All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements

The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
that's a lot of disclaimer in the press release

I have a few simple wishes for BRDRLNDS2:
- more interesting story
- a living world
- less shit colored world, maybe some other colors than brown (zombie island was a good start)

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Top of my wishlist is a better multiplayer lobby and better feel for the controls.

The current way of starting a game feels really contrived, like they went out of their way to simplify it and just ended up ditching a bunch of useful features instead.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Requirements for B2:

1. More Awesomeness (study General Knoxx please)
2. More fast travel locations
3. Ditch Gamespy

Yes, and large open areas don't make for interesting combat zones. I don't really care at all for the vehicles...felt like they were crowbar-ed in.

I have not played anything but the Soldier class so far, but did the brute actually make the missile launchers feel powerful?

I'd be all over missile launchers that you used less often but had a greater lasting impact (slower refire, lower ammo, but BIGGER PUNCH!)

Last edited:

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
that's a lot of disclaimer in the press release

I have a few simple wishes for BRDRLNDS2:
- more interesting story
- a living world
- less shit colored world, maybe some other colors than brown (zombie island was a good start)

my sentiments exactly