TangoDown 118

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
More realistic? Are you kidding me? Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield is noted some of the worst ragdoll deaths in the Unreal engine's history, bar none. Take a gander at these screenshots:

April03_ragdoll_split.jpg

April03_ragdoll_limbo.jpg

I don't know about you, but Unreal Tournament 2004's ragdoll deaths looked a lot more realistic. :lol:

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
He got it right, They totaly had to revamp the ragdol deaths in that game due to how silly they were.

Meowcat, I need to remind you of something, tell you next time I see you on MSN.

jc!

Jun 10, 2004
If you want ultra-realistic ragdoll deaths, then players models should perform pain animations after they die, but before the physics engine takes over their bodies.

Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix had good pain animations—clawing their ruptured throats, clutching their spilled intestines, staggering around while grabbing their crotches, arching their backs while feeling their shattered tailbones, staring in disbelief at their bloodstained hands before falling to their knees, grabbing their shoulders while the force of the last shot spins them around, etc. Check it out for inspiration.