cant host

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
Its totall weird when i begun ut i could be a host after that i reinstalled ut end still could be a host, again i reinstalled and i could host (i had millions of mods but ok)
i reinstalled so i could get rid of those mods, could host,
reinstalled (dl a new mod that damaged ut files), could host.......
i reinstalled and i couldnt host
so i reinstalled and still couldnt host so i got annoyed and i reinstalled still cant host, confused yet lol me too
(by the way i reinstalled so many times becuze of some ut editor v2.0 ) probs :( its totaly weird i have a firewall but thats not the prob cuze if i remove the firewall i still cant host.

what can i do i even tried a new ut cd/disk but nope and the most anoyin part is ,almost everyone that joined me ad a damn good ping :( so uhhhhm HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tylerabe

Feb 13, 2001
Dayton, OHIO
Visit site
Hey try to uninstall and delete your Unreal Tournament folder, it stays eventhough you may uninstall. Then reinstall. See if that works. If that doesn't you may have to mess with you console via command "preferences." I will look more into it. And when you say host, do you mean start a multiplayer game or dedicate a multiplayer game server? I would also try the 436 patch after the reinstall.

Xadhoom

Sleping at this Forum
Nov 29, 2000
Husum, Sweden
www.geocities.com
do you mean that when you try starting a Host the games just shut down?

look first at server.log and se if anything there might give you a clue

second take a look at your unrealtournament.ini (or server.ini i think that file is not removed by a reinstall??) and check your serverpackages are right.

i had a problem with something simelar when i tryied to host a LAN game at a comp at home. i had a serverpagade that had been deleted so when the game tried to start it just said that i didnt have that file and with that it just shut down.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
Nope

Its not that i can make a server and start myself, i can even play the map but no one can enter dunno why............
i have the newest patch (DUHHH!!!) and i mean a multiplayer host.(non dedicated)
And if i uninstall i delete everythin EVERYTHIN so that is not the point....
Tanx anywayz tell me if u find anythin usefull