The funny pictures thread (new and improved)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
because who gives a shit.
that's why.

the important thing is that it's better than soccer. that "sport" where grown men pretend to cry and flop about anytime someone so much as grazes them while going for the ball.
is this a professional contact game or a ballet recital?

What's more sad is that in the Premier League in the UK alone, the player salaries are enough to feed multiple small nations.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
That list is pretty out of date. Player salaries have ballooned since then - the latter link shows it well; they have in many cases doubled.

Chelsea paid out £191 million in salaries last year (not including bonuses, which also regularly reach over £1 million per player) - that's effectively £525,000 per day. The international poverty line is about £0.8 per day - ergo Chelsea could have fed more than 650,000 people for a year with that money. There are 20 clubs in the Premiere League paying enough salary and bonus money every year to effectively feed around 15 million people - or a country the size of Malawi.

Create a new thread for sports this is the funny pictures thread...

cad-20120622-0fc33.png

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
What's with all the protection then?
Rugby is closer to HandEgg than football. And I agree there are too many prima donnas in football.
EMP-5779303.jpg

versus
most-popular-sport-american-football.jpg

So that they can hit a fuck ton harder. Football is actually more dangerous than Rugby and players are more prone to injury because the pads aren't used as protection so much as an excuse to slam into people with excruciating force.

Except for the quarterbacks and kickers. They're almost as whiny as soccer players.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I bring into question the logic of a guy who thinks that pads let people tackle harder - they don't. Rugby players are less prone to injury because there is a very strong emphasis on discipline in tackling, both on the field and in the rules. Sloppy tackling can cause severe back injury - and in some unfortunate cases people have been paralysed or killed as a result of illegal tackles.

FYI, it's common for rugby players to wear armoured vests. They're just much smaller and designed to cushion impacts.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
So that they can hit a fuck ton harder. Football is actually more dangerous than Rugby and players are more prone to injury because the pads aren't used as protection so much as an excuse to slam into people with excruciating force.

Except for the quarterbacks and kickers. They're almost as whiny as soccer players.

Please, American Football is like a little league Rugby.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Zxanphorian,

Are you a Steelers fan? I ask because I was a Houston Oilers fan. If you are a Steelers fan that could then give us "even more reason" to disagree with each other and thus we could hate each other on an even higher level! God knows Oilers fans strongly dislike the Steelers. That would still leave you a couple levels under XenoPhreak or whatever that guys name is though. But you're better than him. Surely you can get higher on my "I really hate that guy" list. Maybe you can move to Austin and live in a tent near City Hall!

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
Zxanphorian,

Are you a Steelers fan? I ask because I was a Houston Oilers fan. If you are a Steelers fan that could then give us "even more reason" to disagree with each other and thus we could hate each other on an even higher level! God knows Oilers fans strongly dislike the Steelers. That would still leave you a couple levels under XenoPhreak or whatever that guys name is though. But you're better than him. Surely you can get higher on my "I really hate that guy" list. Maybe you can move to Austin and live in a tent near City Hall!

I live in the Eastern half of Pennsylvania, so if I really cared about NFL teams (which I don't), I would most likely be an Eagles fan. There is a pretty strong divide in PA about who likes the Steelers vs the Eagles. If you live in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia especially, you better not speak ill of the other team in the other city, unless you want an all-out brawl. Al would probably know exactly what I am talking about.

The only teams that I root for and are fans are very local teams, or teams of schools I went to, such as the Penn State Nittany Lions.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
What's with all the protection then?
Rugby is closer to HandEgg than football. And I agree there are too many prima donnas in football.
EMP-5779303.jpg

versus
most-popular-sport-american-football.jpg

Lets see if anyone spots the deliberate contradiction.

Are there any rules for tackling in rugby to make it safer? I can't imagine some of the tackles you see in football (think full speed helmet on helmet collision) would end well in a rugby game with no protection.