Inf 2.9 CE 2011 Issue...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
I reinstalled the official Inf 2.9 CE and then downloaded the 2011 CE. I installed the 2011 CE to a new folder (no UT folder or anything) just to see why the 2011 CE and newer screw up so badly on my server. The answer is simple. Whomever designed the 2011 CE did not check their work. The Inf Mod Weapon Pack is installed in both Infiltration\Community\System AND Infiltration\System. There are MANY other duplicates as well, some going into what would be the UT system folder. This is why I am having so many issues with the unofficial CEs.

Now, the official CE has a bug where player skins go green and funky-looking. Apparently the 2011 CE fixes this, but brings an onslaught of new bugs. Can somebody tell me what file or files in the 2011 CE were patched to fix the skins issue? I can then copy just those files over to my official CE and have a 100% working game and server. My only other route is to find out who is releasing this broken crap with loads of duplicated data and work with them to fix the 2013 CE, which would include compiling TF2 for systems other than Windows.

I-C-A-R-U-S

Jul 11, 2013
Hello Sephiroth,

I wish I could help. However all I can do is point to the obvious fact that Infiltration CE 2013 is being released by soultaker007. He may have released CE 2011 aswell, though I am not sure. :(

Ironword300

Mar 2, 2016
Does anyone know whether Sephiroth ever released a fixed version of this? or are we still better off installing the old original 2.9 CE from ca. 2006?

Last edited:
May 18, 2004
dhta.oesm.org
The Community Edition is broken in many ways. There is some kind of tick fix which has a DLL (Windows) but nothing for Linux, so I cannot even run the CE on my Linux systems and servers. I just tried the CE on my current rig and it was slow and choppy. Guess my RTX 2080 Ti is too weak. It also would not select 2560x1440 resolution. I could select it but it applied as 1920x1200 every time.

I removed UT GOTY, deleted the folders, and started with a fresh install. I am using the Steam UT GOTY version now, not one of my half-dozen UT99 CDs. I installed it, downloaded the final official zips (2.9 full, TBT map pack, Uzi and pickup menu fixes, and the bonus). Extracted them to an empty folder, applied all the stuff from the "ADD-" files as I should have, added the D3D11 renderer and set the INI to use it, capped framerate at 60 (at 144fps stuff gets whacky), did INI tweaks. I then copied the three folders (Help, Infiltration, and System) into the clean UT GOTY install. Clicked Infiltration.ini. Fired up in 2560x1440 at 60fps. Everything works. Loads of fun again.

The only issue is that suppressors seem bloated. I do not have any issues using the D3D11 renderer in plain UT, but in Inf it makes the suppressors swell up in their centers. Only issue I have right now. I will be releasing this pe-configured manual install soon.