Soundtrack?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Now that we've discussed most of the essentials, I've been wondering about how the new soundtrack's gonna be. UT99, IMAO, had the best soundtrack. UT2004 had the worst. UT3 had some great and bad tracks. UC2 was good across the board but nothing too amazing.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
Unreal had some noteworthy music also. I'm down for techno tracks on the more confined arena, but I don't know how they're going to approach it. Could be anything.

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
I like UT2004's soundtrack. I'm much more mixed regarding UT3. I'm tempted to say my judgment on both games influences my opinion on their soundtrack.
UT99 had an exceptional one. I loved the UC2 one two, I found it was a very good "UT2004" sound mixed with nice "UT99" electro. I'd like something like this next, bring me some UC2-like soundtrack.

Jefe

The Dark Rat
Nov 11, 2008
T E X A S
www.vgmp3.org
Dubstep gives you ear cancer. True fact.

Some of the previous composers, like Alexander Brandon, Michiel van den Bos and Kevin Riepl have expressed interest in doing tracks for the new game. Also an army of bedroom djs. :(

KR gets a lot of flack for the UT2004 soundtrack, but it was mostly good, and it was the style epic chose. He did do some really good tracks for UT3 that didn't appear on the OST, like Strident and Industrial.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Some of the previous composers, like Alexander Brandon, Michiel van den Bos and Kevin Riepl have expressed interest in doing tracks for the new game. Also an army of bedroom djs. :(

Well, Jesper Kyd was also involved in the making of the UT99 soundtrack and I really love his past work too. Now that Square Enix (to my knowledge) isn't employing him anymore, perhaps Epic can get their hands on him.

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCe3fg7B4w[/M]

#rekt

4JGGxKM.gif

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It sounds like Epic is planning on packaging very little music with the core game if posts by Steve are to be believed.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
only if it sounds like his older music, i.e. MDK2. That's more appropriate for UT than everything newer he did, and that's including UT3.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
As much as I enjoy Jesper Kyd's work, I'd much rather see Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos make a return. Tracks like Go Down and, of course, the theme tune/menu music is iconic now.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
As much as I enjoy Jesper Kyd's work, I'd much rather see Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos make a return. Tracks like Go Down and, of course, the theme tune/menu music is iconic now.

Very true.

Although not as iconic, I absolutely loved Skyward Fire by Michiel too. Even the name was awesome. Oh, and also Forgone Destruction! And Mechanism 8! And Phantom!

Gods, I love the UT99 soundtrack...

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
IDK, I liked all of the OSTs, perhaps the UT3 one not too much, but thats because I've never bothered to really listen to it. I really shall do that.

UC2 was KR's finest moment in the whole Unreal series, IMHO.

I'm just happy to see MVdB, AB and KR on board for UT4 again. It's good to know that the OST won't suck.