UE1 - UT Exporting an animated mesh to unreal engine 1

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
I have an important question and probably a request about being able to export animated meshes to _a.3d and _d.3d files from blender.

The thing is that blender 3d only have current plugins for some game engines but nothing for unreal engine 1 and I think this would be great for everyone to have such a tool for any unreal engine 1 modder

Though if that's not possible a .md2 to _a.3d / _d.3d file would be also great as blender can export to .md2.

I would like people being able to use free tools instead of milkshape (even if that one is cheap) or even 3ds max, maya and lightwave 3D who are expensive.

I'm asking this from a general interest as there is plenty of games who have still a little active community and can't receive anything more because such tools doesn't exist (from my knowledge at least).

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
I thought there was a plugin for this that someone had made some time ago?

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Maybe ask over at ut99.org and OldUnreal? They have some active animators still. I'm reasonably sure I remember seeing a plugin someone had made that wasn't official but worked.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
A great person to ask about this is Alcapowned, try to ask him, I forgot the details myself about this stuff.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
I hardly have any knowledge of Blender, but if you can export 3ds files, something like U3D would let you convert those to Unreal meshes.