UE1 - UT Very noob question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
I have a snowy village map and was building the pine trees with BSP but it's making my framerates go to **** so I am thinking using meshes would be better.

Anyway I have the 3d model I want to use in 3ds max format, how do I import it and use it as a decoration?

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Download the Actor X plugin and export as vertex animation.

Also make sure it will fit within a 256^3 box scale wise when you export it, otherwise it won't import correctly when compiled.

You'll need to read up on the basics of importing files via UCC.exe -as unlike UT2003 onwards, you can't import animations/meshes from UnrealEd itself, but need to create a class and some rudimentary code to make it work.

AngelMapper has a tutorial on her site which explains the basics.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
I forgot to add, I don't have 3ds Max lol I just have a .3ds file I found from some random modeling site.

I did manage to go all the way through the whole 3ds2unr adventure but got some error at the end, something about the number of vertices or whatever...