Favorite Skaarj design so far

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Favorite Skaarj design so far

• Unreal1 Skaarj

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • UT99 Hybrids

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Unreal2 brutish skaarj

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Ut2004 hoop-game-tusked skaarj

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • UT2004 ECE mecha-skaarj

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • UC2 Szalor/Kraag

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • UC2 Torgr/Garek

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
The skaarj isn't a universe created by us, but by the makers of the games, so skaarj can only look more or less traditional, but we can't judge if something is skaarj or not.

Either way, the UT2k skaarj seems to have made the transition closest to the mark, but his "blades" are like silly human cutting blades, like this thingy
stanleymes.jpg

The one from U2 lookas way to primitive and tribal, but has some cool rambo claws on him.
The UC2 one is still to primitive, but has cool claws as well, but his face is too humanesque to really look reptilian even though the original skaarj looked more like insects IMO.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
I don't know what that thing in UC2 is, but it ain't no Scare.

Different Scares in UT2004 have different claws. Dominator just wears the cheap Walmart ones.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
UT Hybrids
UT2004 skaarj (in guardian`s style)
UT2004 ECE mecha skaarj

Etah

Lead Nexus Dev.
Dec 4, 2004
Skaarj are tribal....and fairly primitive.....the ones for UT+ are too humanesque......like they appear more human than a brute killing machine.

[GS]CABOOSE

UT RULEZ!!!!
Jan 6, 2006
uk
ohh hi klasnic your off of ut200x hq you made those evolution skinpacks i downloaded those and they are awsome. and is neon death and blk soldior you design i got those 2 very good you gotta teach me how to use upaint

[GS]CABOOSE

UT RULEZ!!!!
Jan 6, 2006
uk
oh and i found a good skaarj hybrid pic go to on google unreal tournement 2004 and scroll down it will say UT GOTY the it should say screenshots go in there theres a pic of a skaarj on a the acid twin bases lvl holding a rocket launcher
and i think the lvl is called hydro i cant remeber been so long since i played that ut

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Etah said:
Skaarj are tribal....and fairly primitive.....the ones for UT+ are too humanesque......like they appear more human than a brute killing machine.

Fairly primitive? Perhaps in looks, when it comes to Skaarjwarriors.
The skaarjtrooprs do not appear to have primitive looks, though.

And if you've played Unreal, you'll have to come to the conclusion that they're superior to us humans. Just take a look at those "consoles" in the mothership. To start with. (I think it does give you the feel of being inside an alien "world")
The experiments they're performing -> The one with the new type of skaarj, iirc. Those pods.

The game just doesn't do them justice :) Sure, back then, the skaarj enemy's AI was very good. And tbh they're still quite the challenge, sometimes.

But based on them being a superior/advanced race, they ougth to be a lot better/smarter ingame.

They are brutal killing machines, but also very intelligent.

Thanatos

Oct 21, 2005
Napali Meditation Room
I say the original are the best the first time you see one in Unreal aboard the vortex rikers your like wtf!? was that? then you see all of the carnage that one Skaarj did, the people ripped in half, monitors smashed...ahh the memories :lol:

Also since when in the new games have you seen the Queen and Warlord in a major role(I wonder what they would look like in Unreal 2), she telephragged my a$$ first time around:(

Incase your wondering the Skaarj in my Avatar <- is a model I'm working on its a combination of a Skaarj and Xans model his name is Skaarmec
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=167883&page=3

Last edited:

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Great skin Than ^^, maybe green some parts to resemble Xan a bit more.

The warlord and Queen in U2, they weren't even implemented, that's one of the reasons most don't like it.

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
*coughshoddygraphicscough*

But your right, no real bosses in U2, besides the giant spider, and she was easy to kill.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
UT99 Skaarj Hybrid rox. :)
I like Dominator, Pharoh, and I LUV Baetal.

UT PS2's Boss Dominator was probably the best playable Skaarj model in the whole series.
Actually non-playable because it was a Boss bot only - ten times harder than Xan.