UT2Vote Mod/mutator setups

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
groovyjoker said:
Forgive me for being a newb, but I only use the dummy mut if I have something that requries pushing a server package, do I have this correct? Otherwise I can just modify my gamestrings, either manually or using gamemake....

The way the dummy mut works is this:

1. You add all the serverpackages to the ut2004.ini.
2. Using the dummymut in UT2Vote, you also add those packages to the game string.
3. When someone connects to your server, it only pushes the packages for the active game type and not everything in the list. It does this because using the DummyMut gives UT2Vote the power to actually remove all the serverpackages lines from the ut2004.ini of each and every non active game type you have defined in your strings.

For example, I have every game string list on this page (and then some) running on my server. Do you want to connect and download 500megs of files just to play Carball? Probably not. That's why you use the DummyMut...to allow pushing of files for only the active game type. If you don't want it pushed each and every time, you put it as a DUmmyMut and serverpackage. If you want it pushed every time, add it as a serverpackage only.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
NotoriousBIC said:
Isn't this one missing the serverpackage line?
Carball uses a single serverpackage that is made active and added automatically so no need to declare it in ut2vote. It's when there's multiple serverpackages that we need to do the dummymut trick.
hmishima said:
The way the dummy mut works is this:

1. You add all the serverpackages to the ut2004.ini.
2. Using the dummymut in UT2Vote, you also add those packages to the game string.
3. When someone connects to your server, it only pushes the packages for the active game type and not everything in the list. It does this because using the DummyMut gives UT2Vote the power to actually remove all the serverpackages lines from the ut2004.ini of each and every non active game type you have defined in your strings.

For example, I have every game string list on this page (and then some) running on my server. Do you want to connect and download 500megs of files just to play Carball? Probably not. That's why you use the DummyMut...to allow pushing of files for only the active game type. If you don't want it pushed each and every time, you put it as a DUmmyMut and serverpackage. If you want it pushed every time, add it as a serverpackage only.
Let me clarify a little here. UT2Vote adds the active serverpackages. When you manually add serverpackages lines to your ut2004.ini, they will be pushed at all times. Mods such as Jailbreak have seven serverpackages and muts like SatoreMonsters have two serverpackages that need to be in the ini for them to run correctly. It used to be most mods had only one package to add.. and when you switched to it, the package is added automatically. Muts absolutely had to be in the ut2004.ini at all times - running a mutator doesn't add itself to the packages.
Now for example, when you start Jailbreak, it still adds one serverpackage automatically (serverpackages=jailbreak), but that isn't enough - there's six others missing! Enter: dummymuts.

The function of the dummymutator is to allow ut2vote to add/remove packages ON DEMAND. It allows you to stack multiple serverpackages that will be added/removed whenever the given null-function mutator is called in conjunction with a gametype that needs the additional packages. It is NOT REQUIRED for mods that have a single serverpackage, such as Clone Bandits or Carball.

Last edited:

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
Imaginos said:
Carball uses a single serverpackage that is made active and added automatically so no need to declare it in ut2vote. It's when there's multiple serverpackages that we need to do the dummymut trick.

Let me clarify a little here. UT2Vote adds the active serverpackages. When you manually add serverpackages lines to your ut2004.ini, they will be pushed at all times. Mods such as Jailbreak have seven serverpackages and muts like SatoreMonsters have two serverpackages that need to be in the ini for them to run correctly. It used to be most mods had only one package to add.. and when you switched to it, the package is added automatically. Muts absolutely had to be in the ut2004.ini at all times - running a mutator doesn't add itself to the packages.
Now for example, when you start Jailbreak, it still adds one serverpackage automatically (serverpackages=jailbreak), but that isn't enough - there's six others missing! Enter: dummymuts.

The function of the dummymutator is to allow ut2vote to add/remove packages ON DEMAND. It allows you to stack multiple serverpackages that will be added/removed whenever the given null-function mutator is called in conjunction with a gametype that needs the additional packages. It is NOT REQUIRED for mods that have a single serverpackage, such as Clone Bandits or Carball.

But in the case you don't want to push a package upon every client connect, as in carball, it is useful in that respect - at least I've found it to be so. I'm running a server with almost 50 voteable game types and I don't want to push anything that doesn't need pushed to clients, so even for 1 package I sometimes use the dummymut, depending on the size. If it's small, I'll push it, if it a larger package, then it's getting a dummymut:)

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
hmishima said:
But in the case you don't want to push a package upon every client connect, as in carball, it is useful in that respect - at least I've found it to be so. I'm running a server with almost 50 voteable game types and I don't want to push anything that doesn't need pushed to clients, so even for 1 package I sometimes use the dummymut, depending on the size. If it's small, I'll push it, if it a larger package, then it's getting a dummymut:)
Let me try again.. Using a dummymute line with single serverpackage mod such as Carball is redundant. When the server switches to Carball, the single serverpackage is added automatically. There is no need to also force it with a dummymut.

The term 'pushing' refers to having serverpackages that you are requiring on the client side. It has nothing to do with how a package is added to the server's ini. If ut2vote adds it silently, a dummymut adds it or it is manually put in by the admin as a static line, they are all in effect as active serverpackages and are pushed.

Last edited:

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
Imaginos said:
Let me try again.. Using a dummymute line with single serverpackage mod such as Carball is redundant. When the server switches to Carball, the single serverpackage is added automatically. There is no need to also force it with a dummymut.

The term 'pushing' refers to having serverpackages that you are requiring on the client side. It has nothing to do with how a package is added to the server's ini. If ut2vote adds it silently, a dummymut adds it or it is manually put in by the admin as a static line, they are all in effect as active serverpackages and are pushed.

Loud and clear. Thanks for clarifying:)

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
AdminPlus 1.4

http://www.rythmnation.net/

Code:
[UT2Vote50.UT2VoteMutators]
Mutator=(FriendlyName="AdminPlus",HideVote=False,MutClassName="AdminPlus_v14.MutAdminPlus",Voted=False)

[UT2Vote50.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="AdminPlus_v14.MutAdminPlus",ServerPackages="AdminPlus_v14")

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Red Orchestra

http://www.redorchestra.clanservers.com/

Code:
GameType=(GameName="Red Orchestra",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLim its=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="RO-MoscowHighway",MapPrefix="RO",GameClass="ROGame.ROTeamGame",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutM",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2 ?MaxPlayers=20?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False? Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

[UT2Vote48.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutM",ServerPackages="ROEffects,ROGame,ROWeapons,ROInterface,ROMisc,RORoles,ROVehicles")

This setup assumes you understand the proper Path= statements required in ut2004.ini.

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
ArenaMaster 2.40

http://www.3spn.com/

OK, here is Da Kril's working AM/TAM UT2Vote gamestring.

Code:
GameType=(GameName="ArenaMaster",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Rankin",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="3SPNv240.LMS_Game_3SPN",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutB",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?NumRounds=3?TimeLimit=2?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=4?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?Difficulty=3?GameStats=True?bCamperAlarm=True?CampThreshold=250.000000?ReCamperWarnInterval=5?CampDamage=10.000000?GameSpeed=1.00?NumBots=1")
GameType=(GameName="ArenaMaster-Team",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Rankin",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="3SPNv240.TDM_Game_3SPN",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutB",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?NumRounds=10?TimeLimit=2?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=4?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?Difficulty=3?GameStats=True?FF=0.4?bReverseFF=True?GameSpeed=1.00?NumBots=1")

Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutB",ServerPackages="3SPNTexv240")
In the Team ArenaMaster example, Friendly Fire is enabled at 40% (.4), and Reverse Friendly Fire is turned on. This means if you shoot a teammate, the damage (at 40%) is inflicted on YOU. In the ArenaMaster example, the number of rounds has been changed from its default of 5 down to 3, simply because we found those matches lasting too long. (ex. 7 or 8 guys playing, 3 have won 3 rounds, 2 have won 2 rounds, 2 have won 1 round — you've played 15 rounds now and are still several rounds away from deciding the winner.)

Thanks everyone — sometimes it just helps to talk stuff out, :D
Da Kril

Note: Watch out for added spaces (forum bug) in that code if you copy/paste.

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
UTExtra

UTExtra is included with UT2Vote as an optional add-in.

Code:
Mutator=(FriendlyName="UTExtra",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTExtra14.UTExtra",Voted=False)

Packages=(MutClassName="UTExtra14.UTExtra",ServerPackages="UTExtra14")

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
ServerExt107

http://ut2004.elmuerte.com/ServerExt

Code:
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Auto TeamBalance",HideVote=False,MutClassName="ServerExt.mutTeamBalance",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="RSS ServerAds",HideVote=False,MutClassName="ServerExt.MutRSS",Voted=False)

Packages=(MutClassName="ServerExt.mutTeamBalance",ServerPackages="ServerExt")
Packages=(MutClassName="ServerExt.MutRSS",ServerPackages="ServerExt")

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Example:

Code:
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../Saves/*.uvx
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/System/*.u
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/Music/*.umx
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../AirBuccaneers/Saves/*.uvx
Paths=../RedOrchestra/System/*.u
Paths=../RedOrchestra/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../RedOrchestra/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../RedOrchestra/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../RedOrchestra/Music/*.umx
Paths=../RedOrchestra/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../RedOrchestra/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../RedOrchestra/Saves/*.uvx
Paths=../StrikeForce/System/*.u
Paths=../StrikeForce/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../StrikeForce/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../StrikeForce/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../StrikeForce/Music/*.umx
Paths=../StrikeForce/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../StrikeForce/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../StrikeForce/Saves/*.uvx

Assuming you have a folder called AirBuccaneers etc. within your UT2004 folder (case sensitiv on Linux Server)

monolith

Apr 16, 2005
Now i think i get this dummymuts thing. it is mainly to keep the serverpackages lines from gitting messy.? is this right?

Because u can have many server packages for the class name by using a ",".

PLEASE DO NOT CUT AND PAST THIS I AM GOING OFF OF MY MEMORY AND IT SUCKS AND SO DOES MY SPELLING SO DO NOT CUT AND PASTE THESE LINES.

Packages=(MutClassName="satoresmonsterpac120.satoresmonsterpac",ServerPackages="satoresmonsterpac120,fhi,parsers,evil,wetams")

and in the game string u would have ?mutators="satoresmonsterpac120.satoresmonsterpac,whatever.whatever,this.that,updown.downandaround"

I am sure that i have missed something somewhere that shows me when and why a dummymut is needed. the only thing i can think of is if u wanted to have another gametype with satores alone in it where the line would go like this

Packages=(MutClassName="dummymut.dummymuta",ServerPackages="satoresmonsterpac120")

But wouldnt this cause the the other monsters not listed in the serverpackages just not be seen and kill u just the same?

now in this example couldnt it.....

GameType=(GameName="Red Orchestra",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLim its=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="RO-MoscowHighway",MapPrefix="RO",GameClass="ROGame.ROTeamGame",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutM",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2 ?MaxPlayers=20?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False? Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutM",ServerPackages="ROEffects,ROGame,ROWeapons,ROInterface,ROMisc,RORoles,ROVehicles")

Be done like this?

GameType=(GameName="Red Orchestra",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLim its=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="RO-MoscowHighway",MapPrefix="RO",GameClass="ROGame.ROTeamGame",Mutators="ROEffects.rogames(i know this is probiply not the correct ".name")",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2 ?MaxPlayers=20?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False? Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

Packages=(MutClassName="ROEffects.rogames",ServerPackages="ROEffects,ROGame,ROWeapons,ROInterface,ROMisc,RORoles,ROVehicles")

If i am totally wrong then please let me know cause that is why i am still confused.I know the satores one works because that is the way i had set up on my invasion server with a few more packages added to it.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
monolith said:
<Holy crap confusing post unquoted>

Early on in the thread, the dummymuts purpose are pretty well laid out. It isn't used for actual mutators since your packages line would reference the actual mutator's classname and right with it you include all the packages needed for it. In the case of using satore with a gametype, when you reference the mutator in the gameconfig line, it looks up the packages line and that adds the serverpackages lines in by itself. You may have a case where you use a dummymut AND the satore mute, sure.

Remember, the dummymuts are only to provide a method of adding a mod/gametype's required multiple packages for the cases where it is necessary. (for ex: Deathball, Jailbreak, ChaosUT)

Also be aware that a Packages= line should only contain the packages applicable to that item. Why? Because this line is used to add AND REMOVE packages. If you remove satore and think FHI will be ok without it's packages, you'll find that isn't the case. If FHI has a requirement for multiple packages, they should be applied/removed via a dummymut.

Last edited:

weem

Nov 18, 2004
www.clan-outsiders.co.uk
Defence Alliance2

Ok - i managed to do it myself (aren't i clever):
[UT2Vote51.UT2VoteGameTypes]
GameType=(GameName="Defence Alliance2",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DA2-LastHope",MapPrefix="DA2",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="DA2.da_game_DefenceAlliance",Mutators="DummyMut.DummyMutD",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=3?bCustomGame=True")

[UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutD",ServerPackages="DA2")

Also you will need to put the following paths in the ut2004.ini file:
Paths=../DA2/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../DA2/System/*.u
Paths=../DA2/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../DA2/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../DA2/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../DA2/Music/*.umx
Paths=../DA2/KarmaData/*.ka
Paths=../DA2/Sounds/*.uax

Last edited by a moderator:

[NBK]Rattman

Goo God
Feb 22, 2005
nbkillas.com
What happens if say you wanna also add mutators to the gametypes like say adding crotchsot to TAM with dummy mutator as you have it set above...where would you add the info?

Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutB",ServerPackages="3SPNTexv240")would you add it to server packages here??

This is what I have now
GameType=(GameName="NBK_TeamArena_Master",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="NBK_Team_ArenaMaster",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DM-Goose2k4",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="3SPNv3b3.TeamArenaMaster",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutGameSpeed,Zound47.Zound,Vendetta_V4.MutVendetta",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.15?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=3?bCustomGame=True")

Packages=(MutClassName="3SPNv3b3.TeamArenaMaster",ServerPackages="3SPNv3b3")

But if this could be done better i would like to know!!

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
[NBK]Rattman said:
What happens if say you wanna also add mutators to the gametypes like say adding crotchsot to TAM with dummy mutator as you have it set above...where would you add the info?

Packages=(MutClassName="DummyMut.DummyMutB",ServerPackages="3SPNTexv240")would you add it to server packages here??

This is what I have now
GameType=(GameName="NBK_TeamArena_Master",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="NBK_Team_ArenaMaster",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DM-Goose2k4",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix=,GameClass="3SPNv3b3.TeamArenaMaster",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutGameSpeed,Zound47.Zound,Vendetta_V4.MutVendetta",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?WeaponStay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Tournament=0?GamePassword=?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.15?FF=0.00?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3?Difficulty=3?bCustomGame=True")

Packages=(MutClassName="3SPNv3b3.TeamArenaMaster",ServerPackages="3SPNv3b3")

But if this could be done better i would like to know!!

Unless a mod has multiple packages, there's no need to use the dummy mutator. If a mutator has multiple packages, those can be defined and connected directly with the mutclassname on the packages= line.
Finally, all you need do is add the mutators into the gametype= line or allow your players to vote them in and out at will.

Last edited:

CybZ

Jul 25, 2005
Map voting button

Hi guys, i'd like to know if its possible to keep the "map voting" button in the menu cause ut2vote overwrites this line in UT2004.ini: VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler to
VotingHandlerType=

So the voting button is taken away by ut2vote but if I change this line manually in the ini it puts the button back and when people click on it it brings the ut2vote menu which i think works much better than not having a map voting button at all cause it confuses noobs.

So is there a setting or something i could do to prevent ut2vote from taking the map voting button off?