Pics of my car...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Provo... somewhere in Utah.
Visit site
This is a repeat of my last thred, but that one got deleted. You all can ignore this or reply, I just want a link to send ppl to instead of emailing them crap. Besides, showing off is fun :D

Attachments

• back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 133
  • farshot1.jpg
    farshot1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 110
  • front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 96
  • engine1.jpg
    engine1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 126
  • inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 80

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Visit site
While this is true ^^^^^ It both looks better and sounds better than your standard Folger's coffee can exhaust. It's a big beefy sound, almost like a V8 (it's plenty more like a V8 than most Mustang GT's at my school sound), and ever since I replaced the head on it, it's had an oscillation in idle, so it sounds like it's got performance cams in it. It's like "whum whum whum whum whum" and it sets off car alarms, so I'm happy :D Plus, if I ever wanted to get twin turbo (I know Chevy made a TT version of this engine that put out 380 some odd HP), the dual exhaust works just fine ;)

becoming i

Registered abUser
Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
My turn....(big pic)

I forgot to BlackMagic the tires before the pic, :rolleyes:
100_0268.JPG

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
thewalkingman said:
So how many extra horsepowers do you get with those type R stickers?

:stupid: :lol:

becoming i, that pic was 30 times bigger than my monitor, so I took the liberty of resizing it for you. :2thumb:

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Visit site
Type R stickers? Theres no "Type R" stickers on there. Read it again, it's Weapon R, as in the cold air intake :) As for that intake, however, I have a quasi-Ram Air system that nets me about ten extra HP. With the exhaust, chip, headers, and the new head I installed, I have about 225 HP, which isn't bad at all for a 2.3L 4 cylinder. However, it's all spoiled by the fact that I have no money for a new clutch, because my current one was finished about a thousand miles ago. It still drives, but I take care not to race it.

As for the head, yes I have had problems, but they weren't because of the engine. Someone at school reached into the wheel well of my car and slashed my radiator hose. It was raining, and I don't get in on my passenger's side, so I didn't notice the small pool of antifreeze that had begun to coagulate under my car. As I was driving to my friends house, my radiator dumped it's fluid all ove rthe street. I pulled into his driveway, and as soon as I put my clutch in the engine shut off. This made me very not happy.

Oh and as for the wing, the day after I posted these pictures originally (back in April) someone came to my house at night and ripped it off. Somebody really hates me, which sucks for me because I don't know who they are. Needless to say, I would break them if I knew who they were... public school sucks.

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Visit site
Wow... I sense a bit of hostility from thewalkingman... now why would this be? hmm.... /me thinks.... maybe thewalkingman is a disgruntled old guy who hates kids with loud cars? Maybe he owns an old 80's camaro and swears to the domination of american muscle while getting beat on the strip by integras? Maybe he's having a bad day? I don't know. But that's my car; it's cheap, it's fast, and I think it looks rather good.

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
:p thanks.

Maybe one of you knows the solution to my problem. Whenever I start up my car when the engine's cold, there's a nice rattling sound (sounds like a car from the 50's). my RPM's also don't settle down, they hover around 1200, when normal idling is around 800. Once I put it in gear, it jumps down to 800 (obviously). This doesn't happen if the engine's warmed up, and I'm kind of clueless to what's wrong with it. My dad has a 2003 Focus (IE: 2002 Focus + seat warmers) and it doesn't happen to him. Any ideas? /me eyes Zen

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
when's the last time you changed your oxygen sensor?

and damnit, twin turbo, which uses one turbo to spool at low RPM's, and a larger turbo bolted to a small plate with a control valve or another wastegate, and directly to the exhaust exit on the small turbo, to spool at high rpm's to even out boost flow, is still only single exhaust, you still have to y it after the downpipe, bi-turbo... which is two seperate turbos is what your looking for if you want dual exhaust :p

btw, I'm sorry about that, a pet peeve if you will, people scream twin turbo, with a v-6 or v-8, and have a turbo on each side... and I flip out... and start cutting peoples heads off, and busting out phat solos...

but anyway, yeah, ditch the wing... get a real spoiler, or stock 2-3" decklid wing... car looks good, and I'm diggin the interior... :)

Witty

I hear only yes.
Aug 6, 2001
Visit site
Last time I changed my O2 sensor, or BP?
BP, my car does almost the same thing without the rattling, when I first start it up it idles at about 1800 and after I put it into gear it goes down to 1000-1100 or so. I don't know why this is... it doesn't bother me tho. What does bother me is that I get 18 mpg on a four cylinder... BLEH :mad: