Videocard dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I had an XFX GeForce 9800 GT. Whenever I try to play Diablo 3 it dies. Sometimes it just goes black, and sometimes I get the bluescreen. The device manager shows an error 43 for the display adapter. I took apart the machine to see if anything was wrong, but it all looked good. The card was pretty clean too. An update of the drivers helped, but going into a game still kills everything.

So I think I need a new one. I want to stay under 300, and I'd prefer to have something quiet for when I'm producing music.. I'm hearing the 560 ti is good. Any recommendations?

Gir

Offensive mode!
Apr 23, 2000
Peking Eend.
Visit site
If it doesn't overheat, maybe it's suffering from undervoltage? It produces a particular kind of artifact-less crash. Instant black/blue screen, etc.

Edit: if you want to try and see if this is the case, you could test it by taking out some other hardware. Extra HD, sound cards.. whatever takes some load off the power supply.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
the AMD 7xxx series is having a nice price cut if you feel you want to buy now. if you can wait mid-august, you might see the nvidia alternative in that price range (GTX660)