New Infiltration maps designer.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UndertakerSIN

Hello i have been a map designer for awhile now and have been working on some good sized maps for Unreal Tournament. I have alot of ideas that would be fun to do with the Infiltration mod. I'm in the stages of doing a web site, and alot of other things. I also have made scripts for the game Tribes on the pc and can be checked out at fileplanet . Alot of my maps will work with Infiltration, and will be using the textures that was found on the Infiltration web site. I don't like to put out bad maps at all, i feel once the map is made i will go back play it and see what changes need to be done before posting it on the net. My biggest dream is oneday to be a member of the Infiltration group??

------------------
UndertakerSIN was here!

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
Where do your maps dwell and to what name do they answer?

BTW try a smaller .wav for your site.

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
Where do your maps dwell and to what name do they answer?

BTW try a smaller .wav for your site.

------------------
-> If you haven't seen this, you know nothing about Infiltration: The Roadmap!
-> Are you having trouble with the Editor or is it the other way around? Kick this!

UndertakerSIN

I had a hard drive go out shortly after my message post last week about new maps for infiltration . I'm back online as of 3-13-00 on a smaller drive, but can still make some maps thoe. I lost everything related to my maps, along with my games and so on. I will get a different map made up this week. I still have some updates to do to my system.

------------------
UndertakerSIN was here!

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Ok how can I word this without sounding like a complete Bastard'O... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I must say a big sorry... no one likes to hear of people losing hours and hours of work that on top of the hours of Windoze config just to get your machine as you want it, running at optium performance etc etc.

But you must say to yourself, this will never happen to me again....... ONLY ONCE

It has happened to us all, no doubt about that fact /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but only allow it to happen to you ONCE.

Anyway please follow my advise...

Either buy another large HD say a 8Gb for £90 pounds and use part of it as a backup device, I have never ever heard of TWO HD's failing at the same time.

Motherboard failure yep, but hey thats just a £70 replacement part and the HD's are fine...

Or
Buy a tape streamer £120 for a 4Gb tape device.

Or
Buy a CD burner...

I am lucky to have all of the above options so I have no excuse at all for losing my work, I have complete backups of all my HD's plus I use the on-line spare HD space on my spare alternate drives for that work you never EVER want to lose...

Just some ideas..... Never mind the cost, beg or borrow it and sleep easy with the thought that all work is safe.

A very old and so say wise Bastard'O /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Gotta throw in a factoid here. Just ressurected my old Pentium box to put Linux on. Had two hard drives on it. An old Maxtor 540 and a Samsung 1.2 gig. The system was unstable due to data corruption, so I figured one drive was shot. Go figure, it was that fancy 1.2 gig that was less than half the age of the other.

They don't make em like they used to.

But I don't back up anymore. If it ain't on a CD, I've either downloaded or uploaded it at some point /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif