POLL: Is there "camping" in CTF?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FrigginAnT

Cow Spot Pimp
Mar 23, 2000
Philly, PA
www.frigginant.homestead.com
ok before i get hung..

I DIDNT MAKE THAT COMMENT AS A PUT DOWN TOWARD ANY WOMEN THAT PLAY UT

I just like the reaction i get when i say it to lifers.....if ANYONE was offended by what i said sorry....its the way i am and it wasn't meant to harm anyone...unless your the one i said it to

bullet2.gif

"Hellz{FU}: Stop by the base and I'll have the flag ready for you.. I even had it dry cleaned."

ngUID:#15863
AnT: "It's Good to be the King!"
{FU}Clan....I HEAR YA!!!!
www.homestead.com/frigginant/antspage.html
www.fuclan.com
CHAOS IS COMING... www.chaoticdreams.org

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Yeah, I get that alot from lamers about camping in CTF. Once I assisted my team mate to defend the base in Coret. I shockcomboed every enemy trying to get the flag. My team mate would retrieve it (usually it was next to the flag base). Well, the spam started. "Stop Camping you lamer!". Hmmm, I would responde with "There is no such thing as camping in CTF...it's called Defense!". So, the arguement would start and they would say that it doesn't matter what game you play in UT there is camping and it's wrong. Of course, I'd respond with "Then what do you call the defenders in Assualt...Team Campers?". Look, there is camping in DM and LMS. Camping allows an unfair advantage to the other players. But in CTF...you have to defend and it's often misinterpretted as "Camping". Just keep playing and find the one who is spamming and frag him. He should be the easiest kill...since all he is doing is typing :).

bullet2.gif

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][

CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I think there is at least one sort of camping. When the transloc is disabled, for exampel instagib, and you play on command (am I thinking of right map?), the blue team can use liftcampers, I will call them so. It's impossible to reach the blue flag without the lift. Just put 3-4 players under the lift, and you will have a hard time if you are on red.

bullet2.gif

Life is an incurable disease that inexorably lead to death.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
Swedix is right. i play a lot of instagib and i see this elevator-camping shìt happen quite a lot on public servers.
i don't know if it's actual 'camping', but it is lame nevertheless.

bullet2.gif

gramps|PuF
"It is how the thing shaped itself to me, and as that I give it to you." -H.G. Wells