Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I just watched Aliens vs Predator 2, and although technically it was one of the most dreadful films I've ever seen, I didn't exactly not enjoy watching it. There's something fundamentally gripping about seeing a bunch of slimy xenos munch their way gruesomely through some crunchy humans, no amount of cinematic awfulness seems able to take that away.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I just watched Aliens vs Predator 2, and although technically it was one of the most dreadful films I've ever seen, I didn't exactly not enjoy watching it. There's something fundamentally gripping about seeing a bunch of slimy xenos munch their way gruesomely through some crunchy humans, no amount of cinematic awfulness seems able to take that away.

Surely it has to be better than the first one right??

flo0tz

May 1, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
Fifth Element - 8.8/10, always love this movie. The "feel" of it always remains the same.

Bender's Big Score - 8/10, gets points for being Futurama. The story was pralright. Not as funny as the series, though, and the animation didn't seem up to the same standard either.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Cannibal Holocaust - 7/10

Heard some. stuff. about it. Not scary at all which I remember hearing someone say but it was definitely tripped out and made me feel kinda weird and kept me entertained despite not being very great story wise I guess. If you don't know what I'm talking about feel free to look it up. :lol:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Cloverfield-7/10 It was better the second time.

The Celestine Prophecy- 7/10 I remember reading this book years ago, generally it was poorly written "new age" adventure. The movie is much more together. While sticking pretty well (as far as I can remember) to the novel it hung together well and while still being "new age" was not so bad considering that the book's author had a big hand in the script and production of the flick.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Cloverfield - 10/10

I don't give a **** what anybody says, that was the most immersive movie I've ever seen that I can remember, I felt like I was actually there holding the camera. :eek:
Cloverfield-7/10 It was better the second time.
Doubt it, it would lose some of it's immersion for me, as in "oh ****, this is happening to me now" instead of "I remember this" :p Maybe not, but I don't see it being better.

Just a random comment I have: Whoever doesn't like this movie has a small imagination and whoever loved it has a good one. That's what I think and maybe it could tell you if you'd like the movie or not.

Last edited:
Incredible Hulk - 7.5/10

What can I say? Marvel is on a roll this year. Though, I guess they some making up to do for most of the Spiderman trilogy, X3, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Elektra(eek), and both Fantastic Fours. For someone who really wasn't expecting very much (at all), I came out of the theater pleasantly surprised.

It's not quite as good as Iron man, but it does deliver more bang for your buck as far as action goes. Edward Norton, and especially Tim Roth, really own the movie. Liv Tyler, sadly, is cancer. Her presence is actually more debilitating than Katie Holmes was in Batman Begins. I sort of wish they had done something along the lines of what Iron man did with "the girl" character in Iron Man (Say what you will about Gwyneth, she more than held her own in that flick). But yeah, overall....this one came out of left field for me and I really enjoyed it. And did I say Tim Roth is awesome? Well, Tim Roth is in fact, teh awesome.

The CGI slugfest at the end was reminiscent of Iron Man's climax, right down the the gruff deep taunts. Just like with Iron Man, I didn't think it was necessary. But oh well. Tony Stark cameo!

Last edited:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Cloverfield - 10/10

I don't give a **** what anybody says, that was the most immersive movie I've ever seen that I can remember, I felt like I was actually there holding the camera. :eek:

I haven't seen it yet, unfortunately, but I already know that I will say the same. The shaky-cam concept is what makes it so awesome. Just like The Blair Witch Project.

Just a random comment I have: Whoever doesn't like this movie has a small imagination and whoever loved it has a good one. That's what I think and maybe it could tell you if you'd like the movie or not.

True.

Actually, the Blair Witch is lightyears better than Cloverfield. While I did enjoy Cloverfield (the first time I saw it, anyway)...one would be lying to themselves if they bought, for a second, the absurdly bad character acting and dialogue. While I enjoyed it, it wasn't immersive for me because I didn't care about any of the people (unlike say, Blair). Also, it's kinda true...but these kind of documentary-horror flicks are really one shot viewings.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The Incredible Hulk - 7.0/10

I was convinced to cut down my MGS4 time to watch this flick with a friend of mine. I can say it was better than Ang Lees version, but it still felt a little meh in some cases.

Fight scenes were pretty awesome, but other than that it felt a little drug out.

Also Mr.Blue being infected with the blood, does anyone else see "next villian in sequel"